First fast build up and running

Ron Earp

Admin
Dan, you are well ahead of what a quick build will net you now, but I can definitely say 3.5 years ago the kits were good but less developed than they are now. So, more head scratching!

That is a nice yellow car, quite pretty!

Great job Phil, I have your "sister car" #091 that came over in the same container, although mine is the full kit.
[ QUOTE ]
I think I could do one in 7-9 days time, working 4-5 hours a day

[/ QUOTE ]
Ron, either you would be one sheet metal maniac or we would be calling the ambulance for all the slices you would have from going that fast with the sheet metal. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Dan, it wouldn't be fun, but the first time I did it I was too careful and anal. Turns out, as you know, that when you cut those things edges are easily fixed and sealant can fix any issues. I just took too long and paid too much attention to some stuff that didn't matter. And, of course I was working with aluminum. If you're working with SS all bets are off - you might spend as much time running back and forth for new drill bits as doing anything else!!!!

Phil,
What a great job you have done #92 looks fantastic!
Man Oh Man!!, I can't wait til August 25th, 26th, 27th to be at Run & Gun. http://www.gessford.com/runngun/ There will be no less than Four and possibly five Roaring Forties GT40's there. If Jerry didn't have those engine gremlins last year we would have cleaned house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I know I've said this a dozen times before but it's worth saying again. If you really want to get on a track and have a blast with your GT then sign up for R&G. More track time than you can stand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif For those three days you will meet some neat people and make new friends. I look so much forward to going just to see the gang. As any body that's been there will tell you it's a first class meeting with a whole bunch a fun.
Phil that yellow screamer looks good on the track. I can't wait to see her in person.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron,
I saw Dan's GT in the early build stages. I honestly believe his GT will be the most precise build RF out there. From what I saw, he is meticulus to the enth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I really look forward to his GT's completion. I think all of you will not believe the workmanship. Now I know Dan think's I'm over stating the situation but I'm not. He wants this build to be the best he can do and that's what I saw and what I believe it will be when done. Dan's biggest allie is his patience.

Hersh its getting deep in here ! IF my wife had false teeth and you talked about my patience she would swallow them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I hope my car turns out pretty nice , but you know how it can be,,,"man i wish i would have done this" or "well i guess that is something I am just going to have to live with " which is a good thing because the first time I take it out once its done will be the sound of a stone smacking a chunk of paint off the front end,,,aarrrghhhh.
oh Hersh that was the nicest way any one ever put it that I'm anal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Actually my best allie is my wife .
Hey now that I said that I bet I can order some other cool stuff for the GT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan,
I can only go by what I saw...and yes.. you are a perfectionist by my definition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I agree, Jackie is most definetly your number one asset. I think you married your best friend. I did the samething when I married my wife. Been married 36yrs now. I can't imagine being without her.

What Kit is This?

It is a Roaring Forties Quick Build Kit. roaring Forties have not been trading for about 2 months due to being in administration.

Regards

jack

Back