First SPF MKI Pictures

Looks perfect. My kids want me to get a MKII but I still like the MKI's. I think I'll take mine in Graudsman Blue with white strips. Does anyone know of a knowledgeable dealer or has a direct contact at Superfromance to talk about what options/paint schemes are available and what are the costs. The site is more than a little shy on information and so were the two dealers I’ve talked to so far. I’m also thinking about the original paint scheme, wimbledon white with some sort of semi-flat blackish blue treatment to the top of the front end. I was suprised to see a picture of a pair of MKII's being tested back in the day with that paint scheme still on them. Does anyone out there know what color that was?

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark IV said:
Keep in mind that the SPFs in the UK are sold as complete SVA approved cars, not as rollers. The Brock coupe there comes with a Roush engine package in the UK so the price difference is more understandable.
Rick
Just saw an advertisement for it - 55,225 pounds including VAT. That is $102,000 USD without engine, transmission, and resgitration at the current exchange rate. Actually, we need to compare without VAT, so it looks like 47,000 pounds without VAT, which is $87,383 at current exchange rate, verus the US cost (without taxes), of $69,900.

Looks like there is a big difference in UK/US prices for the same car. Hawk cars listing in the current Fortyfication magazine.

Ron

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Looks very nice indeed. I don't mind RHD but would want the sill shift, not for originality but because I am wired that way. They are doing a good job. I too like the narrow first-look body the best. Just a matter of preference. And I too wish they had painted it ANY color set but powder blue and marigold, sorry gents, there are too many of those out there.

Just got back from inspecting the first two cars in the UK, including the Gulf number 6 car. SUPERB - almost faultless and just amazing. I have to admit to going with a view that I would be dissapointed, but I am not at all, the cars are just so well conceived and built. I know we have waited some time now and were starting to get a bit unsure of what would finally arrive, but believe me, they are definately the difinitive recreation of the 40. Frank

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Frank....Tx for compliment on the SPF GT40.......I'm sure I w/b as impressed w/ the steering wheel boss and badge you are doing for me.....Steve SPF GT40 P2125 (MK11 w/ 427 FE)

""How did they compare.....???""

I would hope they appeal to different folks for different strokes.......

I have personally praised SPF on this forum for raising the bar.....and they have said the same to me....

As has been posted many times.....the more the merrier...

Some people like to build and some people buy completed cars......

Interestingly, they're exactly the same pictures that Gerry Hawkridge of Hawk Cars sent me about a month ago, stating it to be his demonstrator nearing completion.

So who's car is it really ???

Looks nice though.

Paul

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
RWoerz said:
Looks perfect. My kids want me to get a MKII but I still like the MKI's. I think I'll take mine in Graudsman Blue with white strips. Does anyone know of a knowledgeable dealer or has a direct contact at Superfromance to talk about what options/paint schemes are available and what are the costs. The site is more than a little shy on information and so were the two dealers I’ve talked to so far. I’m also thinking about the original paint scheme, wimbledon white with some sort of semi-flat blackish blue treatment to the top of the front end. I was suprised to see a picture of a pair of MKII's being tested back in the day with that paint scheme still on them. Does anyone out there know what color that was?

Richard, Park Place in Bellevue, WA is a SPF dealer for their new GT40. Not sure if you've talked to them yet. They supposedly will have a demo car by December.

I wasn't impressed with their level of knowledge as to history and comparables. To be specific, the sales guy thought a Ford GT40 won LeMans in 1971, and, he didn't have a clue about CAV, GTD, RCR, RF, ERA, etc.... He seemed to equate any GT40 replica other than the SPF as equivalent to a 1970's VW-powered Bricklin kit car. Hhhhhmmmmm...makes you wonder.

I can confirm Franks comments - the cars are hard to fault. It was thought that the gear change would be more practical placed in the centre but customers can specify their own preference. (Give me the right-hand change any day).
The MkI demonstrator will be shared initially by Hawk Cars and Nigel Hulme. It will at Hawks premises shortly but is currently at the NEC, and at the MPH show next weekend. Then the SVA work will begin..!!
The MkII is the property of Rod Leach of Nostalgia. It has the 6.6-litre Roush motor fitted as per the Daytona Coupe, so performance will be brisk. Very impressive car even though it lacks the purity of the original shape. In my opinion, Superformance have pulled it off again.

Back