Frank's KVA Build

Had to make a little change to a bolt inside the sump but for the rest it fitted like a glove.
So i took the empty transhouse fitted it and did put it in the car so the engine is in for the first time.
Now i can change the crossmember to fit it to the new topcover from the zf
so again a little progress

Attachments

• IMG_2689 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2689 (Small).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,590
  • IMG_2690 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2690 (Small).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,556

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Looking good Frank....

Once the trans is bolted in you will be nearly there.....what other mods do you have planned? Great thread BTW.

Andy

thanks Andy,
i'm waiting on my front uprights and back axles from john wisher
he also makes the adapters for the ap brakes at the back on my pantera uprights so if those are finished (in about three weeks) i can change my front suspension arms and get the geometry right
I also started to make a frame to support the dashboard i'll post som pictures next week
frank

i've got a picture from John,
my upright assembly, the bells needs annodising and then assembling and then.......

Attachments

• fuse john (Small).JPG
    fuse john (Small).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,497
i made a new crossmember only needs some finishing

and two pictures for paolo

Attachments

• IMG_2691 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2691 (Small).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,347
  • IMG_2692 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2692 (Small).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,323
  • IMG_2693 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2693 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,387
  • IMG_2694 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2694 (Small).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_2695 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2695 (Small).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • IMG_2696 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2696 (Small).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,306
I got pictures from my rearupright

Attachments

• Rear Upright assembly 1 (Small).jpg
    Rear Upright assembly 1 (Small).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,313
  • Rear Upright assembly 2 (Small).jpg
    Rear Upright assembly 2 (Small).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,312
last weekend i got some goodies which a friend brought from the states
at custom they asked him where it was for "a gt 40 he replied " so she said "good luck with it sir " and didn't charge him a thing lucky me.
some pics

Attachments

• IMG_2707 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2707 (Small).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_2708 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2708 (Small).jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,100
  • IMG_2709 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2709 (Small).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_2710 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2710 (Small).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,163
And this weekend i'm going to frank catt and john wisher to get my suspension parts and other bits.
Is anybody working on his car this sunday who i might visite who lives in the neighbourhood off frank or on the way from frank towards dover.

Frank

Great thread Frank. Thanks for taking the time to take photos and write up posts so we can enjoy the build the easy way, without us having to do all the hard work.

And I really want a hotted up Bambino, too. Ship it over to Oz if you get tired of it. Not so keen on the other one, beautiful as it is.

Dalton

aaaaa..I see only now the 2 pictures for mee:)

soo nice to see also there a so BAD cinquino and the giulietta spider.
Dad had such car,was a masterpiece with girls, unfortunately every drop of rain can enter in the car from every point of the body.
Other times..other cars.

Restore that Cinquino (595 abarth?)it is definitely too cool and too bad (and increasing a lot in value:)

hallo frank, ich schreibe dir heute auf deutsch und ich hoffe du kannst das lesen.auf dem brembo handbremssattel muß außen eine nummer darauf stehen die mit 22 ....anfängt die sollte ich haben denn ich möchte diese teile auch in meiner lola einbauen. gruß meinolf

Hi Frank,

I am also interested in the Brembo hand brake one.Do you know where I could find it?

If you come back from Frank on sunday and are arround the Belgian/Dutch border to Breda in the afternoon,note there is Polo event where there will be Classic Cars (I will be there with my car).It is happening in Brecht (from Antwerp to Breda).

Send my regards to Frank.I will be at his place on Oct 1th for my MOT.

Best regards
Fred

Hi Fred,
I'm affraid that when i'll pass the border they will be at home this will be around23:00 sunday evening i Can give u the partnumbers when i come back

Meinolf ich kann sie der numer geben wenn ich wieder zuruck bin von england so dass wird am montagabend

Yes i speak a foot over the border lol

Frank

I test fitted the front upright (going to make new 40style arms)
and put the rear into place
looks pretty good i think
maby i'll in terchange the handbrakecalliber with the ap calliber for the space near the shock

Fred/meinolf did you find the partnumbers allready at the other topic "sva handbrake"

Attachments

• IMG_2753 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2753 (Small).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 997
  • IMG_2754 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2754 (Small).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_2755 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2755 (Small).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 892
  • IMG_2756 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2756 (Small).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_2757 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2757 (Small).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 908
hallo frank,leider ist es nicht möglich aus der forum seite die richtige part nummer für die brembo handbremse zu finden.ich bitte dich mir die nummer die auf der aussenseite deines bremssattel zu sagen 22........ . dies würde mir reichen um ihn dann zu bestellen. gruß meinolf

Back