GT-40 in MA?

Hi everyone, unfortunately I'm not building a GT-40 (yet), but I will be starting a FFR GTM build early spring 2009.

Anyway, I'm from Toronto, but I'm going to MA to see the two GTM's Factory Five has, just to get a feel for it to see what I like and don't like about it so I know what to order before I get the kit.

Anyway the car has an exotic look to it, and I want to match it with an appropriate sound, but many videos out there of the different exhaust systems just dont represent the sounds very well.

I'm considering using 180-degree headers on my build, but I've never heard any in person.

So I was wondering, if anyone has a GT-40 in MA (preferably between Boston and Rhode Island area or somewhere around there), could I stop by and take a look?

I'll be in MA from Friday the 8th at 8:00 until Saturday the 9th at 6:00.

Hornet59,

You can come and see our USA Demo car, #875.

Or view the build thread in the Tornado Discussion Forum.

Call (413) 977-4408

I'm less than 2 hrs from Boston.

Cheers,
Scott

Hmm, your location may be a bit of a stretch for me, because I'll be taking a bus there so I won't have a car to get around, and it's the exact opposite of the direction im travelling from boston (wareham).

If nothing else comes up, I'll consider coming by, I think theres a bus that goes to springfield so i could find my way from there, as long as i can make a return trip.

What time are you available by the way? The times I listed above are my actual arrival and departure times (both are PM), so I'd have to come later/ leave earlier, and I have to be in Wareham from 9:00-12:00 saturday to see the FFR.

Thanks,

-Matt

I know what your thinking, and it's not so much the physical size of the pipes as it is the crazy heat they'll generate. Again, thats something I think I need to see in person to judge. I plan on making a few extra vents for cooling and I will be using fans, but again, I won't know if it's enough until I can size it up in person.

-Matt

I know what your thinking, and it's not so much the physical size of the pipes as it is the crazy heat they'll generate. Again, thats something I think I need to see in person to judge. I plan on making a few extra vents for cooling and I will be using fans, but again, I won't know if it's enough until I can size it up in person.

-Matt

Looking at the photos of the engine bay, I agree with Chuck. There just doesn't appear to
be enough room for crossovers without some serious surgery/chassis mods. Firstly, the
reversed air intake from the LT motor eats up the space where the crossover pipes would
normally come up and over the transaxle. Either a new intake is required, or the pipes will
have to rise up further aft. However, you would then lose room for muffler/cats. Secondly,
the chassis and panelling on the sides are extemely close to the block. The standard GTM
exhaust comes straight back after going under than up. There doesn't appear to be enough
room to fit the crossover pipes as they sweep up.

See this image for more detail:

http://www.factoryfive.com/gtm/gallery/ls7/images/H1-red.jpg

Ian

You might try to see if you can visit ERA in CT. Not sure about there hours on Sat.

Great place to visit!

If you can get a rental car, I would strongly suggest it. Enterprise is pretty reasonable and can pick you up and drop you off if you need a ride.

Era

Is usually a coffee gathering on Sat. A phone call would be in order just to make sure the Great mustached one aka PETE is there.

LLoyd

Back