GT40 Engine Build Mirage Chassis

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Doc, that looks like the same Lucas unit fitted to a Pantera. I think they sell for around $150 from the Pantera vendors. Part no. 17012A

Panteras By Wilkinson

Attachments

• 17012A.jpg
    17012A.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 938

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Now that filter system is nice.
Andrew let me know what you want regarding the washer bottle as I have a few gooduns.

I use the same type of filter and blew the foam out of it after a couple laps around the track. At least the mesh keeps out the leaves. I am planning on changing the trumpets to fit K&N air filters. Great filtering for the street, easily popps off for track days.

Attachments

• Picture 074a.jpg
    Picture 074a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 733

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
There is a thread that this one started about mesh filters my solution is tea infusers.....

Andy

Attachments

• infusers.jpg
    infusers.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 758

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
The glacier moved a few more feet in the right direction today......

Water outlet pipe......

Now looking for the correct hose from the inlet manifold to the 'cow horns' got it from a good source that they are from a mini engine (the real mini from 'your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off....' film). Its important to have the correct 'step' in the pipe to keep the internal bore consistant. Keep you all posted on that one.

Attachments

• water pipe 001.jpg
    water pipe 001.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 513
  • water pipe 002.jpg
    water pipe 002.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 514

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Oh and this little beauty..... an original throttle shaft assembly, the pillar bearings are following shortly.... with the engine due on Thursday evening.... but I'm not holding my breath, I've been there before..... still it might be prudend to finally get the smoked glass cut for the table top and order some Kenyan beans ready for the grinder...... ;-)

Attachments

• throttle link 001.jpg
    throttle link 001.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 506
  • throttle link 002.jpg
    throttle link 002.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 505

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
1 step forward 3 steps back....

After some pressure to get delivery of my engine.... it transpired that my engine man supplier is a thief!!!!!! So one court order later and I'm still waiting for my money back. I have sourced a 72 302 block (many thanks Frank Catt) and will build the engine myself.

I'm having 20 Hartwells modified with stainless steel backing plates for fitting to the gt and after some scary programming have sorted the geometry of the webber carb levers and am making them from brass 3mm sheet (see photo). The set-up shows that each bank of webbers will be within 0.15 degrees of each other through the full travel.

Also got a picture of my rear clip (thanks James) and should get the chassis this summer all being well.

Andy

Attachments

• linkage.jpg
    linkage.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 395
  • throttle setup small.jpg
    throttle setup small.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 481
  • P1040 rear.jpg
    P1040 rear.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 411
Back