I want a divorce!

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Because maybe it is made up bullshit?

Jim, just a simple reflection. I went looking for the original quote, and guess what, couldn't find it on the main stream media. One source said it was a sarcastic remark made by a blogger.

But the source of that comment had to be somewhere, and no one has published it except the right wing media. Why?

Jeff, either you or I am right. I don't think it is BS, and I think the comment as presented is, if not a true quote, a relatively accurate reflection of Sen. Dodd's position. If it was important, he would have denied it, and as he hasn't, it is either not important or it is true.

Jim, we don't know where it was said, and how the blogger picked it up, and ran with it.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, we don't know where it was said, and how the blogger picked it up, and ran with it.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Picked it up or made it up?

To be fair, I would not doubt Mr Dodd saying something about "this would limit the ability of low income people....."

But I'm fairly sure he dit not say the originally posted quote.

Al has shown a marked penchant for half truths, out of context posts and out right lies. I think this is another example.

In fairness to Al, I'm sure he heard the quote from what he believes is a reputable source and I'm sure he will continue to quote these liars.

The source was a blogger, and we are all prone to do this kind of thing. The quote did look pretty official (I was fooled by it, and I guess that's what destroying credibility is all about) when its not.

But we don't if something was said, something was implied but it was denied, so it must not be important to the guy being credited with the quote, implying it is true.

I sent them a note asking about why they only used left wing sources, and they never responded. Not sure how much credibility I would put into Snoopes, however what they say makes some sense.

Again, why hasn't Dodd's office denied it?

And we may have fallen for something small, I think you will agree that Mr. BHO has shown how far left he has moved, which we called in advance.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The radical right bought it hook, line and sinker because it coincides with their beliefs, Jeff!

Now that the accuracy and veracity is called into question, the only "justification" they can dream up is useless drivel like this:

...I think the comment as presented is, if not a true quote, a relatively accurate reflection of Sen. Dodd's position.

IMHO, nobody in their right mind would suggest that home ownership is a good thing for those who cannot afford it (particularly in light of the number of foreclosed homes on the market....it's a GLUT!), so logic would suggest that the statement was not made, but the radical right would like for people to believe that Sen. Dodd WOULD say that, so they believe the bloggers who make it up and want others to do so, too.

No need to deny something that one did not say.....have you never heard the Shakespeare quote "...methinks thou doest protest too much"? Those who protest the most vociferously are usually guilty (I know from personal experience, and, yes, I WAS guilty!!).

Sad, indeed :thumbsdown:

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This is a good lesson.

I think we can all see where Al gets his info, and in the future we would be well served to consider his posts as lies until they can be varified.

Al by now you should know that your sources are not to be believed, stop your missleading posts and stop slandering people with lies!

Last edited:
I sent them a note asking about why they only used left wing sources, and they never responded. Not sure how much credibility I would put into Snoopes, however what they say makes some sense.

And we may have fallen for something small, I think you will agree that Mr. BHO has shown how far left he has moved, which we called in advance.

Well, TruthOrFiction ran the findings that it was made up, and Bob McTeer who blogs on Forbes.com, notified Forbes after being informed it was made up, and the editors have posted a retraction. FactCheck as well:

Senator Chris Dodd Said 5% Down Rule "Would Restrict Home Ownership to Only Those Who Could Afford it"- Fiction! & Satire!
Financial Reform: Ready, Fire, Aim Business in The Beltway - Forbes.com
Satire Alert: Dodd’s ‘Quote’ on Mortgages | FactCheck.org

So, why haven't all of these conservative bloggers announced it was a joke and offered up their own retractions?

Ian

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Quote from Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele

“That’s the one thing you don’t do is engage in a land war in Afghanistan. This was a war of Obama’s choosing. This is not something that the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in,” said Mr. Steele during a Republican convention.

So Al, you seem to be incenced by made up quotes supposidly said by Liberals,

Why do you not get upset by real stupid things said by selfish Conservatives?

Oh, I forgot you are not fair or balanced!

By the way I heard him say that, there is tape!

Guys, you missed my last point, I admitted I fell for something small, but didn't fall for BHO. And I am not a far right conservative.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
domtoni,

So lies and slander are "something small", you need to readjust your morals if you want anyone to belive you in the future.

Do you think Mr Dodd thinks it's "something small". How about an apology?

What do you think of Mr Steeles lies!!!!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al, Domtoni

You have probably discovered what Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Hannity.... found out long ago, that this type of selfish Conservative, missleading, half truth and outright lies only work when people can not answer back.

You do not have that luxury here!

How about sticking to the truth!

Last edited:
Jim,

How about the deceit that came from BHO? That's what I find amazing about the left, the left is focused on small things, which when I listen to them, are distorted. I suppose you listen to MSNBC, and everything coming from them is crystal clear and truthful?

I hope Comcast changes the editorial policy of that organization.

Just remember, we both live in glass houses.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
You are avoiding the questions,

Are you really saying that sure I lied and misslead but everyone does it so its OK? Small things?????

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Quote from Republican Party Chairman Michael Steele

“That’s the one thing you don’t do is engage in a land war in Afghanistan. This was a war of Obama’s choosing. This is not something that the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in,” said Mr. Steele during a Republican convention. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So Al, you seem to be incenced by made up quotes supposidly said by Liberals,

Why do you not get upset by real stupid things said by selfish Conservatives?

Oh, I forgot you are not fair or balanced!

By the way I heard him say that, there is tape!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Al..............

Jim,
I just love the self rightous anger of the leftist entourage on this sight that will not admit their own bias on things said about good men who happen not to be Al Frankle or Michael Moore. Quit reading Rolling Stone and Mother Earth and get a life. If you would devote as much time reasoning your thoughts as to trying to find a Booger in the GOP you might learn something.
If I had a nickel for every stupid thing said by liberal persuaded folks, I could have retired years ago. Most of the real world lives in the CENTER, apparantly someplace you've never been. I have read your rants and they are as stupid as yor heroes.
For the recoed, I really don't like Rush Limbaugh and I never listen to him. Funny thing is, so many liberals listen to him than real conservatives that I know. Maybe that's how he keeps his ratings up.
For the record Jim, a "conservative" is not some boogy-man that is looking to loot the country. Most of them are traditionalist that believe that things that have proved to be morally right in the past and should guide the way forward. Things like GOD, Law, personal responsibility,Faithfulness, loyalty, and patriotism. Funny thing is, whether most people are a Liberal or Conservative, most people in the middle of the country still believe in these kinds of things.
Your lumping of everyone who disagrees with you into some radical conservative camp reminds me of the Gay-Rights activists that discovered the names of people who voted against them in California and proceeded to terrorize these voters by vandalism and personal threats against them. Maybe that'e the way you roll.
As for me, I'll take a reasonable debater like Jeff anyday. At least he has reasoned his position out and has not stooped to catagorizing everyone who disagrees with him as a "radical Consrvative greedy lowlife theif who is out for his own interests". Beware my friend of throwing stones in Glass houses because you will be the next victim when you stumble.
Garry

Back