John's Aussie RCR-40 Build

Re: John's Aussie RCR-40 Build - Certification for Australia

Well done on the car John and Craig, looks great and wow that was fast.

That's excellent news on the certification as well, I've been waiting to hear the good news on an RCR40 pass for certain tests. It was one of my major concerns when buying the kit but Fran did say that he/RCR would come through with the compliance support for my car when I originally ordered it in September 2007. The mods made to my chassis before dispatch to match yours were evidence of this commitment. Thanks.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little Craig but I have left a message for you early today and an email a few days ago. Could I please get a copy of the certification reports as promised? As per my email to you late August 2008 my Victorian certification engineer raised the following issues and he suggests we do not proceed on any of the other issues that I can manage until they are addressed.

1) Calculations on the billet arms.
2) Welding certification on the suspension link rods otherwise X-ray will be required at considerable expense.
3) Source of the front indicator.
4) WAW 17” wheel report.
5) Source vehicle evidence for the front upper and lower ball joints.
6) Evidence of bear claw door latch use in compliant vehicles
7) Chassis torsion & bending and front suspension geometry bump steer report (very important).
8) Tank pressurisation test compliance evidence (would not accept test OK written on the tank).
9) Front headlight compliance letter signed.

Also reference design and any calculations for the anti-intrusion system I need to build.

Thanks in advance as I'm keen to be the first Victorian certified RCR40 if I can pull my finger out on the build!.

Again congrats with the car, I hope to see many other RCR40 owners in Australia on the Forum soon. Compliance of the RCR vehicles in all Australian states will be a "feather in the cap" for RCR Australia and help many more live the dream of driving a 40 on Australian roads :thumbsup:

Hi Fran and Craig,
I understand your politically correct replies above,
But I reiterate that you should not state that the RCR GT40 are
"Compliant for registration Australia wide" until they are,
I think this is called false advertising,
you could make the statement
the "RCR GT40 have been submitted for Compliance for registration Australia wide".

By the way while we are discussing it, do you have a copy of the torsion and beam certificate as yet?
Not a promise but the actual certificate, this could be considered part of compliance.

Neil

All the major tests have been conducted. If you buy an Australian delivered RCR-40 you are supplied with chassis torsion & beaming test report. I have nothing to hide.

Jason, all the testing & certification have been done. I'm just waiting for the documentation. Sorry for the delay. Your just a lot further advanced than the Australian delivered cars. Check your email as we already have some of the above documentation.

Last edited:
Hi Jason,
How are you going with the certification for your RCR GT40, that is for Australia, that where completed by Craig, back in October 2008?
Have you received the certificates as yet?

Has Fran supplied the torsion and beaming reports, as per his promiss when the deposits where paid for the RCR GT40?

Neil

Back