M6B Tragic

Thanks all of you for your comments. I'm a bit slack when it comes to finding time to post updates, so I must thank Clayton for his input.
It's been along haul to finally get to the track and it performed impeccably. You are right about your comment on the power Brian, it's actually scary. The only problem is me getting used to the Albins Transaxle, which can only be resolved with time spent at the wheel.
I have to thank Clayton for his time he has given and all his assistance and advise. Here's a couple off photos at the track.
I'm off to New Zealand for Christmas and my Son's Wedding, so I'd like to wish every one a Merry Christmas and a great new year.
Udo.

Attachments

• IMG_2461.JPG
    IMG_2461.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 118
You could be proud of what you have been able to built and organise as a project and effectivly can give a thanks to Clayton ( this invaluable friend )
Enjoy your christmas and bedding time !!!! and remember ...... Do not put pressure on our mind when driving your car , just drive at our peace and not trying to be overhelmed by power .... this will drive you onto bad rail situations .....
Ha ... remember also I have ready for you a nice CAD drawing for a brand new alu monocoque M6GT ha ha for your next project or may be for Clayton car project ) LOL
Bon Noel mon ami

Udo, what a stunning car you have built and should be very proud off. Now you can enjoy getting out on the track and developing the car. Have a great break.
Andrew

Thanks Michel, but I’ve already got 3 projects in the wings…. :rolleyes:

Had a fantastic day with Udo, nothing broke and loaded onto the trailer without a scratch.
Even had a few beers to celebrate.
Heres a few more photos.

Clayton

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

IMG_4136.jpeg

IMG_4141.jpeg

Hi Udo. Congratulations on an outstanding build, the car looks superb, just like our M6B! I am sure that you will have plenty of fun with it in the upcoming years!! If you ever need any more McLaren parts for it dont hesitate to let me know. Since we last spoke, I now also have all of the original Trojan factory moulds so can supply any of the bodywork parts. If you are ever over in the UK please call in, there are usually a few nice McLaren cars to look at in the shop!

Attachments

• P1016204.JPG
    P1016204.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 113
Hi Udo. Congratulations on an outstanding build, the car looks superb, just like our M6B! I am sure that you will have plenty of fun with it in the upcoming years!! If you ever need any more McLaren parts for it dont hesitate to let me know. Since we last spoke, I now also have all of the original Trojan factory moulds so can supply any of the bodywork parts. If you are ever over in the UK please call in, there are usually a few nice McLaren cars to look at in the shop!
Thanks Rick, Andy and Michel.
I haven't forgotten you Michel, if you can just wait till after Christmas.
Regards, Udo.

Hi Udo, Car looks and sounds fantastic, I'm sure with time in the car it will get faster and more fun to drive.

Don't know where in NZ you are going but if you are near New Plymouth give me a call if time permits 0274229493.

if you are in Wellington give the new museum "Cars Inc" a visit some cool cars and mine is hiding in there as well.

Hope you all have had a good Christmas break and have a good New Year.

Regards Leon.

Many thanks Udo for your so big help !!
No pressure at all ; am waiting patiently for those important dimensions .. LOL !!
While waiting I have been deeper on small details on the monocoque tub ....
Wish to you and family all the best for 2024 and agood use of your toy :D
Same wishes for your good friend Clayton

Attachments

• Chassis assemblé 2.JPG
    Chassis assemblé 2.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Chassis assemblé.JPG
    Chassis assemblé.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 63
  • exploded view.JPG
    exploded view.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 69
Thanks Leon, but my son has moved from Wellington up to Whangerei, so the furthest south I will get is Auckland.
Will you be getting your car out of the Museum when Andy has his car going? would be something else to see the two of them on the track at the same time.
All the best for the new Year to you too Michel. I'll talk to you soon. I've just got back from N.Z. and being the wet season, I've got a few chores to do.

Udo it was great to chat today, mate I take my hat off to you what an achievment, as you said it took 9 years but you got there, cant wait to see it and you again , hope you gey over your flu soon.
pete

Back