MDA gt40

Hi
Is there anyone currently building one of these kits at the moment,just received ours,i would like to discuss ali paneling and a few other bits,maybe you have some pics you can post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif <font color="red"> </font>

Leethac,

I am not aware of anybody building the MDA as a kit, but I hope you will inform us of your progress and show some pictues!
Two of our forum members, which go by the name of "JP" and "JIMMYMAC" who are both located in the Uk, are having their car built by MDA as I understood it. Both are very high spec and should be great cars when they are finally ready. Maybe they can help out with a contact.

It would be great if you could update your profile so that it shows location, email adress, and what forum members really like: a full name!!

Ron Earp

Admin
Since the car is a modified GTD base you might be able to get help from any GTD person. Or RF for that matter. I mean, paneling the car is going to similar in any event. What questions specifically do you have? I can post lots of pics of my RF in various stages of me paneling the car along with lots of others. Have a look in the builders forum and kick around down there.

Ron

Hi
Thanx for replying to my post,its my fathers car,im just helping him with a few bits here and there,also fabricating a few parts to help him out as much as i can.He has a few pics of a the cars that are currently being built at MDA,but since they are not ours i dont think its appropriate to post them,but they do look like they are being made to a very high spec.
Its no so much as how to fit the panels,just a few questions about how many there should be,and some that dont really seem to fit at all.
I will speak to Mark @ MDA before i post any pics of the car as we dont have any drawings in the manual to show where the panels go,infact we dont have any diagrams in the manual at all.???

Hi Leethac,

Mark is currently putting the finishing touches to the MDA build manual. To my knowledge, it will be on a CD-ROM with lots of photo's and detailed instructions to match. It can be printed if so desired, Mark is just trying to get away from paper.

I should have one in my hands shortly and I believe Mark will be supplying them (not sure if they are free or not) to MDA owners when completed.

P.S. I hope to have an MDA Mark I chassis here in Ontario Canada by late summer - I too would welcome any advice/assistance from the MDA crowd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cheers!

Chris Martino
President
Race Car Replica's

I know one thing for sure. MDA is very, very busy. I think the launch of the GT has helped all GT40 replica companies. BUT, in the U.K MDA is THE name on everyone's lips, and has made MDA super busy.

I'm sure his build manual will be available shortly.

All those who have bought an MDA will be very happy I'm sure. IMO it is superior to any tubular chasis on the market.

Be patient and enjoy your superior MDA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

Quote "But in the UK, MDA is THE name on everyone's lips"

Might this be because you have ordered one JP?

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Might this be because you have ordered one JP?

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just me Rick!

But yeah, I love to mouth off about how bloody good they are! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

J.P

Mda on everyones lips??? when i last spoke to mda at the exeter show they admitted that the cars on their stand were actually GTD's- which i found a bit strange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mda on everyones lips??? when i last spoke to mda at the exeter show they admitted that the cars on their stand were actually GTD's- which i found a bit strange. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct! But that was last year! Don't forget that MDA is the new kid on the block. MDA did not have a car to show at Exeter, hence the GTD's - which I believe were built by Mark Sibley.

This year you will see a couple of finished MDA's. Mine will be f*****g cained beyond believe when I get it. I might even drive it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

[ QUOTE ]
Mine will be ...... when I get it

[/ QUOTE ]
And when will that be, JP?
When is Godot expected to arrive now?
Good luck, anyway.

Maybe the MDA build manual is in one of the handbags... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lets all hope its a small handbag cos theres not a lot of room a 40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
You don't give up do you ?.
Although, I guess you have a pitch here - in your new job as a vendor.
But, sniping at other people does not make your product any better.

Hi Ladies
It seems my original post as gone a bit sour.
Im not in any way slagging off MDA at all i was only trying to get a little help with a few assembly bits n pieces since we are both new to this build we were just trying to make sure the problem we had wasnt with us,and it seems to be that as soon as you try to ask for advice people start to question the quality of the the car.
We had some time over the easter hols to get some work done on the chassis,I didnt want to contact Mark for obvious reasons,so i asked here for advice.
Everthing in the kit we have purchased has been made to a very high standard,the chassis is excellent,the body,loom,dash and all the other stuff is perfect.
Mark has been great with advice and sorting out any problems we have,i think that alot of the kit manufactures would not be so helpfull.
This is the reason why we choose MDA.
Any future questions i have will put to Mark himself to stop any further confusion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
And no im not getting any kickbacks.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Leethac,
I'm pleased you got your problem sorted out and you are already enjoying your car.
For the record :
The protracted time to build JP's and my own car are not a consequence of delays on the part of MDA.
As far as my car is concerned, the chassis and body panelling was completed to programme and any extension to the original time frame was caused by me requiring development work for the installation of a ZF and my personal procurement of the complete engine services kit such as my fancy pumps and cooling system.
Fortunately, to build my car, I did choose a Company who from the outset has done good business with me, but also provided the extra attention and versatility I later found that I needed as I developed my personal choice of custom parts. This is clearly demonstrated by the personal attention which I still receive even though the company's order book is going ballistic.
If I had ordered a standard car, I know that it would be sitting in my drive this fine morning.
Starting out on a build program is a daunting task to say the least and I am sure that any deficiencies in the Build Manual will get fixed, although these things are never completed and subject to constant revision.
I envy you and your father for your tenacity to start such a project and I wish you good fortune with your choice.
If you need anything and you think I can help, please let me know.

Ron Earp

Admin
leethac et al,

please don't take my comment as serious - everyone on the board knows that JP is completely rabid for his MDA!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm just giving him a hard time as much as he posts he ought to be on the take - just innocent ribbing and nothing intended about MDA or anything. Take it easy fellows.

Did you find any pics of panneling in the build section? It will be similar to a GTD I'm sure and there are a few of those in construction - just ask on the main forum for folks to contact you or email. And, I can send some pics of paneling my own car which might help too, it is all about the same deal, nothing special about it.
R

I love the flak you bunch of punks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bring it to me on a plate and I'll eat it!

I've never been to be offended by comments, amused would be a better word for it.

Looks like it might a good year for MDA.

I mean both James's and my car are so superior, how can anything else possibly compare. Even 1075 would just look plain dull next to an MDA!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I shall now carefully put my handbag back in the safe and do some leisurely gardening.

Regards,

J.P

Back