Offical Info...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Today (Sept. 21) Ford had a TV presentaion with interactive action to dealers and managers about the GT. Real neat videos of the factory, cars on the line at Wixom and more. They said Saleen is the paint vendor at an off site location, showed the chassis as they arrive at Wixom and how they finish the cars, complete with an indoor rattle road and water test area.

Big news???

There will only be TWO model years, 05 and 2006!! They are 60 to 90 days behind where they wanted to be...cars are shipping and they expect decent quantities to leave starting October. No distribution policy for 06 has been announced and will not be until December 05. It looks like the often quoted total of 4500 cars will be high...maybe 200K is not out of line...????

They said red is the number one color choice followed by white with all others taking about 10 percent of the totals.

Damn, they looked good on the line.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rick
(and brochures are in the mail!!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

the numbers i'm backing out from the presentation are 175 produced per month for 20.5 months = 3,600 cars.

doody.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Also they stated that service parts will be available for 15 years after end of production and complete tubs will be stocked and available to repair any really nasty "off".

I have looked at some common parts prices and they are are not out of line, priced less than any comparable "F" car part. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cars are shipped by the company Ford uses for show car and prototype shipping. Production is done in color batches and shipping is by region so that the truck (holds 6 cars) drops 'em off on the way to the final stop.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Transaxle part number is 4G7Z-7003-AC but has not yet been priced...perhaps the October 1 price update will include a price.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 2005-6 information is interesting.

I remember a while ago that Ford thought it might only last a couple years because they don't want to redesign it if it does not pass an upcoming crash test. They indicated that they would continue to sell it if it passed the test.

They also said they were waiting for a production car instead of crashing a prototype.

I can only assume that they crashed and failed, they changed their mind about the possible market for $150,000 super cars or the information is wrong.

I hope it's wrong, but I would like to know why ford made that announcement.

Back