Olivers Ride RF with ZF

Keith

Hi Frank, there are many threads on this subject that can be searched for on here.

Here's one for example:

Dry Sump

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Quote should read (see when I blow the track off on your doors) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks like you'll have about 8" ground clearance so she should do good off-road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But seriously you might want to set the rear body on to see if it will clear the engine.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Were did you get the manifold from! I find hard to believe the manifold it from the same guy. This is only one of four built by this person!

regards

john

I have the ZF from a Pantera in the 40 I bought just like yours Frank.If I had build it myself I would turn transmission because you can mount your engine lower in the chassis.This is a change which is high on my modification list.So if you can ,change it now and, mount the transmission like it was ment to be in a 40.Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
This is the right way up

Attachments

• 74771-gt407.jpg
    74771-gt407.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 435
if you lowerthe engine should you modify the bellhouse?
because the way it is now if i putt the zf horizontel i've got only 4 cm between the bellhouse and the floor of the car

[ QUOTE ]
Mark,
When flipping a "pantera" ZF, the box is opened and the ring gear is moved to the other side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up for me. My mind was going all swervy LOL

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Frank Sorry mate I realize I should have replied to your earlier posted questions.You won't be able to use the Pantera bell housing.My bell housing you can see in the photo is an ERA sourced Item and it has the bottom shaved to be level with the ring gear.It bolts directly to the ZF-2 and allows use of a Standard Ford clutch and flywheel.The ZF can then be mated to a Windsor motor and to set the whole unit low in the chassis you will have to dry sump or get a shallow sump with wings.I can help you with dry sump detail if your still unclear what's required.

Regards Ross

John,
I purchased the manifold from Steven Morrison from S.D.&L.A.Morrison in Melbourne, Australia.
I meet Steven at the SEMA show last November. He made me a deal I couldn't refuse! I will try to attach a pic.
Ken J

Attachments

• 74854-100_0302-2.jpg
    74854-100_0302-2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 419
Hi Ken,

Your CAV is sure filling with nice details and looking spectacular.
I also have to say that the straight intakes runners on that manifold
look like a modern engineered system that really means business !

Bob

Hi Kenny

Is there a Kenny's car thread in this section?? If not, maybe there can be;) Your car looks amazing!

Cheers, Neil

Back