P2264 has a new look

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looks like a can of whup-ass just waiting to be cracked open! Nice!!! :thumbsup:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys, I'm not sure about the photos, they look OK here. Is there a good way to post photos from an iPhone?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Alan, how are you?

I think his comments were aimed more at the final product, more than the camera itself.. Although the camera does make the dark red stripes look pink in the sunlight.

Thanks again for your help with my window incerts, they work great!

I know you were involved in the discussion, so what do you think of the fender stripes?

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I think his comments were aimed more at the final product, more than the camera itself.

Possibly, I looked at the metadata in the file and there's no information about your camera. And since everybody's usually un-calibrated monitors are all over the map (so to speak) in color balance and luminance range and linearity it's tricky making statements about image quality from hundreds of miles away via the internet. So I usually avoid criticizing web photos that don't look quite right on my system.

But I like your pics; esp. the last one. You did a great job of capturing a black object in full sunlight. We should repeat that shot with my car chasing you up the hill. And you know I like your stripe, so I applaud both your decorative taste and your photographic skill. Yours is going to look like a case of restrained elegance compared to the scheme I have in mind for mine, as you know. (Hmmm... time for another reminder to my Canadian GT40 film supplier :lipsrsealed:)

Now, let's wax that thing! :laugh:

(Local News: I had lunch at Alice's the other day with the local owner of an unfinished SPF Mk II RHD sill shifter w/big block. What a threesome we will make..... and rumor has it the yellow one at Dennis Peck's is being built as we speak. although I don't know if the owner is local.)

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Local News: I had lunch at Alice's the other day with the local owner of an unfinished SPF Mk II RHD sill shifter w/big block. What a threesome we will make..... and rumor has it the yellow one at Dennis Peck's is being built as we speak. although I don't know if the owner is local.

Can you get anything you want at Alice's restaurant? :stunned: Richard from Idaho is going to be staying with me in CA for Monterey, not sure if he plans on going back to Idaho to get his blue bullet before the event but it would be nice if we could all get together before his return to the potato state. I am bringing my GT40 to CA for the event. We have a nice home in Ukiah that has peanty of room if you want to do a Mendocino coast run and spend the night.???? Thoughts?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Local News: I had lunch at Alice's the other day with the local owner of an unfinished SPF Mk II RHD sill shifter w/big block. What a threesome we will make..... and rumor has it the yellow one at Dennis Peck's is being built as we speak. although I don't know if the owner is local.

Can you get anything you want at Alice's restaurant? :stunned: Richard from Idaho is going to be staying with me in CA for Monterey, not sure if he plans on going back to Idaho to get his blue bullet before the event but it would be nice if we could all get together before his return to the potato state. I am bringing my GT40 to CA for the event. We have a nice home in Ukiah that has peanty of room if you want to do a Mendocino coast run and spend the night.???? Thoughts?

That's sounds like a blast.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jack, Alan........

Mendocino is one of our very favorite places. We would stay at a wonderful, modern, little B&B called "Stevens Wood", a nice spot with lots of original art and sculptures.

As for the Monterey weekend, it sounds like many of you will be going right by us on the way to Monterey, we have lots of parking and I'd be happy to put on a BBQ.

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
Your car is simply stunning Jim. The stripes add a very cool dimensional look to the car.
If you have the opportunity, I bet some photos cruising around the Laguna Seca area would be fantastic!

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I'd be happy to put on a BBQ.

Yes!!!

And for those who don't know, "right by us" means down legendary CA Hwy 35.

San_Francisco_Bay_Area_Skyline_Blvd.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Your car is simply stunning Jim. The stripes add a very cool dimensional look to the car.
If you have the opportunity, I bet some photos cruising around the Laguna Seca area would be fantastic!

Pat, I was a little worried that I would take some flack, as there is little if any provinance of GT40s with that type of striping. I was able to find some photos of the Alan Mann AMR1 with a somewhat similar recognition stripe.

IMG_0475.jpg
[/
And of course there is this one.........

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Stevens Woods has 5 star restaurant doesn't it? Never stayed there but have eaten there once if I can remember correctly.

We have to make some sort of plan to meet. How many guys are in the bay area? Howard still live there? Rich (bigblockquad) lives somewhere in the bay area. Alan, Mesa and who else?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes!!!

And for those who don't know, "right by us" means down legendary CA Hwy 35.

San_Francisco_Bay_Area_Skyline_Blvd.jpg

Nice shot Alan, to the far right of that photo you can see the Pacific Ocean, a few miles to the left is Silicon Valley and SF Bay.

I have to say that the GT40 was just made for the Windy Hill sweepers. We are very lucky to have Skyline/35 at the end of our driveway!

In the days leading up to the Monterey weekend, there is a constant stream of cool cars heading south!

Last edited:
Back