P2264 has a new look

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Alan, speaking of wildlife cameras, our neighbor across Skyline and about 1/4 mile north has gotten some nice shots of a Mother Mountain Lion and two cubs. We will have to keep the Corgis close to the house!

Here is mom

Here are the two cubs

She also got a photo of what appears to be a Badger. As you know, they are not indigenous to this area, but I had heard of other sightings, they must be true!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Sounds great, I would love to see you!.

We just have to figure out a time. What Day/Time would work for the most folks?

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
We have a problem in our neighborhood with feral cats, but they are quite a bit smaller............

We have no problem with feral cats, and that's why...

Jim -- there was a sighting in Wunderlich Park last week and the foreman of my remodel had one (probably the same one) cross the road right in front of him on the way to my place.

The previous owner of my house came home one day to a gutted deer lying in her driveway. Typical of what a mountain lion does shortly before he drags it off into the bushes.

So, what's this got to do with GT40s? Ummm, well, pumas and GT40s are both really fast and look cool? <shrug>

I can't promise any of those sightings, but I can promise that Jim and Fran's barbecue is spectacular.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I can't promise any of those sightings, but I can promise that Jim and Fran's barbecue is spectacular.

Now Alan, you dont want to set expectations too high, although the view is nice, the BBQ should be fairly standard:)

I'll start a Monterey Week BBQ thread.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Ok guys I was referring to an Arlo Guthrie song, (You can get anything you want at Alices restaurant except Alice), maybe some of you are to young for that song. :)

We have one of those kitty cats around our neighborhood in Ukiah, seems like there is a big increase in population of them and they are getting brave.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Ok guys I was referring to an Arlo Guthrie song.

Yeah we know.... "8x10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a note on the back of each one saying what each one was" (yes, that's from memory)

Jim and I are exactly the right age to remember, but old enough to have forgotten.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Yeah we know.... "8x10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a note on the back of each one saying what each one was" (yes, that's from memory)

Jim and I are exactly the right age to remember, but old enough to have forgotten.

And my garage looks like the bottom of the cliff.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
It seems to me that I read somewhere that Arlo and Officer Obe became good friends. Could that be true?

(Local News: I had lunch at Alice's the other day with the local owner of an unfinished SPF Mk II RHD sill shifter w/big block. What a threesome we will make..... and rumor has it the yellow one at Dennis Peck's is being built as we speak. although I don't know if the owner is local.)
Posted by Alan

So Alan, I almost forgot to ask you about this............

Tell us about this RHD MKII, additionally, Dennis is doing a yellow one, is this a new chassis at his place in San Carlos? It's on Old County or Industrial right?

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
In reverse order ... The yellow one was privately owned and never built. Dennis had it for sale for $75k (?) for a long time. I pointed a few people here on the forum to it. It's p2186.

the other one isn't a secret but he's not on the forum afaik so I don't want to talk out of turn. I will try to get him to come to the BBQ.

Yeah Dennis is in the building of San Francisco sports cars at 191 industrial in SC The shop is technically a separate business in the same building. If you ever feel like visiting I'll tag along; sfsc is fun in and of itself. The ad for p2186 is still on his site marked sold.

http://www.dynamicautowest.net/view-inventory.aspx

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yours is going to look like a case of restrained elegance compared to the scheme I have in mind for mine, as you know. (Hmmm... time for another reminder to my Canadian GT40 film supplier :lipsrsealed:)

Alan,

Have you noticed Tim Kay's new Avatar?

Yes!!!

And for those who don't know, "right by us" means down legendary CA Hwy 35.

San_Francisco_Bay_Area_Skyline_Blvd.jpg

Ahhh, The lovely Windy Hill Sweepers - 35 is an awesome road, I did exceed the speed limit on that road a few times in my youth - good thing I actually got into racing. Cured me of all that ''wanna be'' cwap!

Hey just tell those local cats to come on by for the Q, lunch is on Jim.... (or IS JIM!)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ahhh, The lovely Windy Hill Sweepers - 35 is an awesome road, I did exceed the speed limit on that road a few times in my youth - good thing I actually got into racing. Cured me of all that ''wanna be'' cwap!

Hey just tell those local cats to come on by for the Q, lunch is on Jim.... (or IS JIM!)

Rob, I know that there are alot of Mountain Lions around here, but having lived here for almost 60 years and been on the Mountain for 12+ years, yet I have never seen a Ghost Cat. The successful ones try very hard to stay away from people.

As for the Monterey weekend BBQ, all are invited! Let me know on the BBQ site what time works for you all.

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That's a Ford GT in the weeds not a 40. Did you get the wrinkles ironed out of you car Robert?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Maybe you can translate the humor Jim. I don't think there is a thing that Robert has said since arriving here that I understand. Strange bird...

Back