Attachments

• 28409-Cnv0580.jpg
    28409-Cnv0580.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 515

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim,

Be sure to let me know when it is done so that I can come down to drive it for "quality control purposes!" ;)
After running a restoration shop for 12 years, I have a REAL appreciation for the work that is being done. NICE JOB!!

Rick :grin:

Jim, I didn't really have a full appreciation for your Ferrari until I saw Victory By Design on Speed Channel which had a short segment on the yellow P4. Alain De Cadenet seemed to look forward to driving the P4 more than any other car that has been featured on the show. The lines are simply stunning.

She's looking great. Best wishes with the remainder of the restoration and congratulations on setting such a high standard for stewardship of these fine cars.

Mark
Thanks. The yellow car 0850 is a 412P. Customer car with webbers instead of mechanical FI. The factory kept the FI for themselves. It was cool to see him drive that car.
Best
Jim

Jim, does the shop actually mold the headlight covers in-house? That's interesting. I've often looked at the covers on my Lister replica and wondered where I could get replacements if the manufacturer ceased to exist.

I watched the 412P on the Victory by Design DVD with awe. I've seen a few P3/4/412P's but it had been a while since I really studied one closely. The body shape is simply one of the most stunning ever, IMHO, right up there with the Ford F3L, Lola T70, the GT40 and one or two others at the peak of my personal list. Please keep us inundated with photos of the restoration--

Bob
We're trying to restore it the way we think they built it therefore we're making the headlight cover molds ourselves and taking them to some one with a big enough oven. When you see these cars in person I'm always surprized at how small they are.
Best

Jim,
that is how the headlight covers would most probably have been formed, I have made acrylic covers the same way, I have friends who used to produce windows for other race cars the same way.
You will need formers to stop distortion due to heat though.

Back