Preference: Replica GT40 or Ford GT?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
You're on a roll George...

I let you know in a few weeks how the cars differ based on real life seat of the pants experience.

Sorry about that, Michael... it seemed like a good idea at the time but I didn't account for the recent infestation.

Having gotten tired of G Man's other posts I suspect he's Big hat, No cattle. People really do picture you as a 17 year old fantasizing in your basement.

Having gotten tired of G Man's other posts I suspect he's Big hat, No cattle. People really do picture you as a 17 year old fantasizing in your basement.

Years ago (1998-98) on the Pantera forum, a character appeared who called himself D-Mann; his name was supposedly Doug Mann. He was very similar to G-Man here--basically an infant. He would say outrageous and idiotic things, and talk about the modifications he was performing to his 700-plus horsepower supercharged Pantera--extra hood vents, wild paint, extreme mechanical modifications bordering on savagery, etc. etc. etc. People would get all riled up about him.

His exploits got wilder and wilder, until finally, he 'died' in a 220 mph accident in the desert. There was then much hand-wringing and sadness in the community--even though he was felt by virtually everyone to be a complete tool, it was sad that he died and that his car was destroyed.

It later was revealed that D-Mann was nothing more than an imaginary character created by a couple of fun-loving Pantera guys who wanted to yank the chains of the establishment types. There was then much anger directed at those who had perpetuated the hoax for more than a year.

Here's a webpage by one of the creators showing the genesis and ultimate demise of D-Mann:

D-Mann Exposed

Anyway, this G-Man sounds to me much like D-Mann did back in the day, and the similarities in their names seem too great to be merely coincidental. So I suspect that G-Man is just somebody here who actually knows what he's talking about, having some fun at our expense, rather than who he actually appears to be if you take his posts at face value.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mike,

LOVE IT!!! Much like 7 or 8 years ago on "ClubCobra" the infamous "BlackCobra" poster who twisted everybody up to no end. I was accused of being the perp but truthfully it was not me, sadly I am not that creative..................

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
We've had a few of these over the years. Remember "Meat"? "Your friend"? Another alligator mouth with a parakeet ass. I'm sure we can think of a few others.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Anyway, I was thinking, since there's been so much interest in comparing GT to GT-40 recently for some very good reasons (and some really terrible ones), and this being the title of this thread and all, perhaps we could get back to that subject by asking Cliff to go into a few more details about his parallel experiences in the two cars. For example, how do they compare on the track, or at least, when used in a track like way? How about ride quality? Steering feel? Braking? Sound quality? Sound level? Crumpet collecting? Oh wait, Cliff's married. What's Cliff's family think of the two?

I don't mean to pick on Cliff, but he's the only one so far to have substantial experience....

Unless of course Tom Cengr has more to share.... And Gordo....

Last edited:

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Mike

I never heard of D-Man, my name is this because this is the name people mainly call me or "G" cause - George. Its also the name I used on the Charger forum for over 2 years and many people know me. (SOrry ALan, No Hoax)

Do I know everything n just making fun at the expense of people? I dont ask questions to things I know answers to, otherwise I would have been here asking about what brakes are better what this what that.. I didnt however because having been with the dodge charger community I learnt all these things (perhaps not in all technical details) but enough to know what I want.

The reason I was then here asking about a SB or BB is because having a Charger, and turning it into a Pro-Touring car with XV-2 lvl suspension etc which made the car handle like a modern supercar ($40,000 in suspension added) with Afco made to match Shocks, 3 Link rear etc, it was clear for that car to receive a 528ci all alloy HEMI with 610hp and 650ft/lbs of torque.

Because I only ever knew about BB given my experience, coming to a GT40 with 'much less weight' and having liked the look of a big engine... I asked about "WHY the SB", in attempt to see the value in having a SB in this kind of car rather than doing what I already know, Stuff CI under the hood. So my intent was actualy good, as I didnt wanna just say SB sucks n thats the end of it, hence "WHY would some1 go with a SB not a BB" trying to see the value and some credit in owning a SB that revs high. I am open minded n thats why I tried to learn about that. I also thought the best people to ask was you guys, people that own this car that could give me 'real' feedback. A BB might be better on paper, but in a car like this, given you guys have the exeperience, was it more counterproductive to the desired goal cause all that 'better' cant hook up n thus becomes worse and so forth. Real experience, thats how I learn.

And Michael good that you will get to drive both, make sure the GT40 u drive cost 200,000 so that when u compare the 2 you are comparing apples to apples. Otherwise, Im pretty sure the GT will win considering it costs almost 3 times more.

Can we please have a rule banning "textspeak"? If someone does not have time to type "you" instead of "u" they do not have the time and reflection to post here on GT40s.com........

Agreed. We are not a bunch of teenage girls on this forum.

Sadly - and please, do not crucify me for this one but - I really can't take anymore teenage boy wet dreams... really I can't. This include 650 lb-ft fantasies and unlimited budgetary constraints.

I certainly to not appreciate the foul language nor have I come to this forum to be subjected to such childishness. I have been perusing this forum for quite sometime and this post contains more immature self-expression and lack of etiquette than all others combined. Yes, I have done A LOT of reading.

Last edited:
N if u wanna start with mom comments like Alan did, no problem, you just convinced me you're not past the age of 15. So shut up and respect your elders kid. And Who the #$# are u? Some stupid ass imbecile, shmuck waste of time Baboon who cant even read properly.

Another classy response. Well done. You continue to impress us George.

I sincerely hope a moderator steps in and soon.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
So do I for all the abuse Ive received for no reason. Stop being partial, ppl insult me with mother jokes n thats accepted, so i tell the punk to stfu and thats not accepted. You are a Joke.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
G-Man,

I think you will understand this message:

pls stp usng txtspk. it ds nt mk u lok smrt.

You claim to be looking for an ultra high performance car costing upwards of $200,000 but when you ask for help and input, you argue with the answers. A teacher told me once "if you don't like my answers, don't ask me the questions".

Over and out......................

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
so i tell the punk to stfu and thats not accepted. You are a Joke.

I'll assume that was directed at me. I've read your posts from day one. Based on the content I doubt you have the means to bring such a project to fruition. I doubt you have the ability to push a stock GT or GT40 anywhere near the limits of either cars performance envelope. From what I have read everyone has offered you sound advice to which you've rejected most if not all. Since you already have all the answers to your pipe dream, one wonders why you even bother to post questions at all. Please just move quietly forward and prove us all wrong. I'll give some sound advice one last time. If in fact you can bankroll a $200k project, buy a clean GT, enjoy it knowing they are about as good as it get's from a performance and investment opportunity. Stop living in some Top Gear, 3 seconds a lap, fantasyland that you will never come close to exceeding and focus on just enjoying the car for what it is knowing it's more than you'll ever need or be able to exceed. I've owned one and have some experience in making that recommendation.

What happened to the idea of the simplist solution - if you don't like what someone is saying or talking about, don't add to the dialog!

I think the facts about the two, GT vs GT40 would explain the major differences, most important is the GT40 being a 1,000 lbs less. The positive displacement blower on the GT will insure good off-idle performance, but on the track you will pay for that extra 1/2 ton. I have only driven the GT, and it is peppier than my CTS-V, the V weighing 900 lbs more, but the V is a more comfortable road car than the GT. A GT40, I would assume, would be more akin to my Track-T, a knuckle-dragging, take no prisoneers, neanderthal type of car. The T tips the scales at 1790 lbs, and is much quicker than the 4250 lb V and its 556 hp. Of course the V has a top speed, though limited to 191 mph, that I'm sure I would feel more secure at that speed than a speed 50 mph less in the T. As mentioned a number of times on this thread, apples and oranges.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
No Michael

It was directed at the post directly above it "I hope a Modeator gets on this soon"

N so I said

So Do I cause nobody sees the BS thrown at me only sees when I tell the BSr to STFU. WHich is BS in itself.

I know id be happier with the GT40 cause im looking for a street car that looks good that feels like a go-kart. The size of the GT40 will prove to be a Go-Kart in comparison to a GT. With some serious suspension components added to it, it will be up there with the best of them, even if not utilized, at least driving it I know "its capable of that kind of performance" which to me makes it more enjoyable to drive.

In the music industry I used to be part of, one thing I will never forget...

I walked into a shop looking at some amplifiers, talked with the sales rep for a little while, and then he said "what is the point to a 4700 dollar amplifier?, some people buy these boutique amplifiers and dont even play at gigs for money, its used in there own home only... whats the point? Simply because they can, thats the sound they love, they can afford it, so more enjoyable to them at home, for me personaly its a waste of money if you are not using it for music, but, a ferrari is a waste of money to, you cant drive them 300kmh on the road, theres no luggage you can carry, whats the point? Cause some people can, n thats why it sells"

So to me thats the idea behind the GT40, am I going to exceed even the ORIGINAL capability of a GT40? Probbably never will. So why build it with trick suspension to do all that more? Well, cause it is what it is then. Why buy a 2 story house when a single is enough? Cause some people prefer it. Simple. Its called personal preference. ITs not what can be used, its what IT is capable of doing. Rich people Buy Zondas and enzos, most of them wouldnt even take it to a race track, others buy original GT40s for 2+ milion dollars, what the hell for? Cause its gonna sit in there garage like a painting? isnt THAT stupid? Yeah probbably is, but cause they make milions n milions, they can afford to do the thing that to me is totaly stupid. Buying any car that isnt gonna be driven (trailor queens in muscle car world) is dumb as far as im concerned, but they can afford to pay to 'look' at them, fine, if that tickles them fancy, do it.

I know for me, If i was driving the GT40 knowing in my mind it would compete with todays cars like the Enzo, like the Murciellago, like the GT, like the GT3 Porsche, like the Zonda etc, I would be real proud of the car I got built. Thus the drive of that car would be AWESOME cause of that simple 'i know it can run with the best of them' feeling. Would i ever use the performance? No. But knowing it can do it, wow, what a car. Since its getting built from a empty chasis, may aswell put the parts in it that will make it do that.

So is there something wrong with that? Ofcourse not.

Last edited:
Back