Preference: Replica GT40 or Ford GT?

GBoy, as a bit of advice....as far as I'm concerned, if I see a post longer than I can read in 15 seconds, I don't even bother with it. Back in Texas where I'm from, that's called diarrhea of the mouth.....errrrr.....keyboard.

What happened to the idea of the simplist solution - if you don't like what someone is saying or talking about, don't add to the dialog!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Amen, 'Time is Money' + Caring and Friendship and I Thank! all of you who responded to my posts.

Comparing a GT40 to a GT never entered my mind before the opportunity happened to be presented to me. Thanks to some very wise thoughts from Alan and the 'Iron Sheik' in addition to a bit of luck, I was able to pick up a 2006 GT at an exceptional price. Alan, for a bit of a change and for fun, maybe we can swap cars for 1 month of the year.

After a 5 month search, I purchased a white GT with blue stripes.....no use to post any pics, when you've seen one of those, you've seen them all.
Here is the GT40 I saw and nearly bought, I think it's a great deal and can be picked up around 45K.

CarsOnline.com: Ford For Sale

Unfortunately, due to the fact that I grew up in the early 70's next to the petrochemical refineries in Houston, TX my lungs were affected and I'm borderline 'chronic bronchitis', I'm unqualified to own a GT40.

Last edited:

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Unfortunately, due to the fact that I grew up in the early 70's next to the petrochemical refineries in Houston, TX my lungs were affected and I'm borderline 'chronic bronchitis', I'm unqualified to own a GT40.

Sorry to hear.

Have u ever tried to do anything to heal the problem? May know something that could help, wife had same issue (similar, pneumonia)

Thanks for the offer, but I've seen how much of a 'help' you've been on your other posts.

Last edited:
Back to the topic on hand, GT40 vs. Ford GT.........

I have a question, we all know 4038 Ford GT's were made from 2005-2006.

Does anyone out there have an idea how many GT40's have been made between CAV, SPF, RCR, DRB and all the others?
Anyone know what kind of a GT40 population is out there?

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
No problem Ken.

Studied Hydrotherapy treatments umongst other things, and seen, them get rid of maleria etc out in 3rd world countries where I have been. Thought to help if the condition is helpable, thats all.

I also wondered howmany GT40s in total (replicas) are out there, good question. Does Tornado, SPF, Southern etc keep a record of howmany they built? If so, it should not be too hard to get a number aside from home built GT40s independent of these companies.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Nom De what? er...

And what about that website?

I already said that happened in my very first or second post signing up here, that I got crucified on that site for wanting to 'modify' a Diablo. Just to give you a point of reference (opening reference), I wanted to make the Diablo as good as a Ford GT in performance. Since that was clearly not accepted and so forth, i was happy that here, things like that are accepted considering they are Built ground up, so there ALL modified in some way. Also I realised it would be stupid to do such a thing to a Diablo and at the same time would have missed the V8 sound of my muscle car. Hence im here. Been the happiest with my decision about getting a 40, even IF it worked out being a NORMAL one (as in, 400hp, standard SPF build or something as such). Ive loved the shape of the 40s since I was a kid, and having a replica I get the added "wow this is my own, personalized vehicle that nobody has 1 like it".

For closing reference, I came here asking about a GT but got lead to a GT40 by members here to achieve what I wanted for less $, rather than trying to reduce weight of a 200,000 dollar car and put my own personal touch to it in terms of engine/suspension, why not start ground up building what I want with the light parts for half the price of the GT, costing 100 000 to do the same thing the other way woulda cost 300,000. Overall, end up with My own personalized vehicle, it still is the GT looking car, it IS light, and it did cost half the price of a GT. That made sense to me more so than doing stuff to a GT that cost $$$$ to start with. + the Shorter wheelbase of the 40 is just great. So I took the advice of members here for a GT40 with what I wanted to do.

:)

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
There was not one time I slung my GT into a corner or rolled into the throttle coming out that I thought to myself, damm this thing just feels a little too heavy and sloppy for me I need to put a CF body on it so it will feel like a gocart or damm I wish it didn't have so much body roll. Quite the opposite in fact. The cars feel incredibly planted and ungodly fast and mine just had a pulley and tune. There is no sensation at all of them being heavy. Since when did 3300lbs become heavy I mean I can think of a couple cars like the Veyron and GTR that are 4000+ and are amazing on the track. Before you go off the deep end financially do yourself a favor and find a way to actually drive both a GT and a 40 or even a Diablo. I think you'll find in real life any of them will by far and away exceed your expectations.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Doing medicine, now, too? you'll put me out of business, George. Wish I was your age and knew everything, instead of being 59 and knowing how much I don't know.

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Michael you are probbably right. I was in a drive in an F355 and that car to me felt go-kart like. But now, given the choice, I would still go the 40. It just lets me build it 'my way' and to me that adds gratification in owning the vehicle. Also because I like to 'do my own thing' on a car, I dont have to ruin it for others by having a rare GT, making 1 less original around, because other people matter to.

Jim, my wife and I dont look at it as traditional medicine. We infact do not believe in prescribed medication because it has side-effects, and it does not actualy do the job it is meant to do. Just as an example: Panadol is used for headaches. When a virus/bacteria gets past the systems first line of defense, and gets on the inside, then the Hypothalamus (part of the brain that regulates the bodies temperature) kicks in by increasing the temperature. Bacteria/viruses stop multiplying at a certain temperature, n thus the body is actualy doing what it needs to destroy the problem in the system. Now most people dont like the 'headache' which is actually a good thing, Its a sign the body is doing what it needs to kill the virus, so they take the Panadol. What does the panadol do however? It removes the headache, that is true, but not the virus. It actually attacks the mind by putting a block in your system so that the Hypothalamus stops functioning. It basicaly switches off your bodies defense and thus no more temperature, guess what now? The virus can have a field day in your system because you just switched your defense off. This can also be related why so many 'mind' problems happen in the elderly, its because most prescribed medicine effects the mind. It doesnt get rid of the cause, but targets the bodies response to the cause.

My wife and I beleve in natural medicine, reason being, we also believe we were created by God, and his way is through natural means as natural means are not forun to the body and thus actually work. We are going to Virginia next year in August to study, I will be doing Ministry, and she will be studying for 4 years more on medical ministry (natural way of healing that works).

Not everyone is called to the same work, so you dont have to worry about what you do not know, nobody can know everything. I know hardly anything about Automotive, hence my questions come accross as ignorant (because I pretty much am in technical terms) however, I know other things other people will not. Cant know everything, do what you know and are good at, and do it well and be of service to your fellow man with what you do know.

:)

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Stick to screwing around with cars. You don't know any more about cars than you do about medicine, but at least you won't hurt anyone other than yourself.

I'm glad you don't believe in "prescribed" medicine; folks like you are a huge pain in the neck in ERs, so fortunately for me you'll stay away. Sorry to be so blunt, but the bane of my existence is people who come in as patients and already know more than I do. If they are so brilliant, what are they doing in the ER asking me for help? they don't need me. They can go home and treat their chest pain with natural remedies. And then call a natural mortician when they kick the bucket.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Hell I could buy a old crapped out GTD, strip in out, fix the suspension geometery, throw on some big ass slicks, brakes, and drop a 600hp 351 in it and 98% of the people who think they want a mega performace supercar couldn't drive it beyond 80% of it's limmit. All for the cost of the wheels and tires on the Bug-a-ma-thing!

Given the funding I would have them both, the GT and the GT40 I mean. Maybe doable for 200K on the right couple of days. Now thats a deal baby!

On another note, lets all be nice. But modifiy a bugatti..........to make it faster.......really,,,,,,,,,,,,REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Jim sorry u feel that way. But thats how the system has trained u. I also know that if actual doctors prescribed anything other than drugs, they would lose there license as a Doctor, they have to follow the system or else. I know people that lost there medical practice due to prescribing something that worked.

And why would I want a veyron? It doesnt even look good. Im here cause I want a 40 and thats how its staying, sorry to dissapoint u.

But anyways, guy tries to be of service and then gets horse shit from a bunch of sad case members who know nothing outside of there sphere of expertise.

O well, ignorance wont get u far kids.

Any more abuse from any of you, and we gonna deal with it professionaly, with moderators and so forth.

Im out :)

Ford spend a lot of money in wind tunnel for the new Ford GT to fix the aero issue of the old GT40. The Ford GT is a modern supercar and can not be compared to the original or a replica of today.

My second ERA-GT was built because at track events I had trouble keeping with the Mustang Cobras at the track with their 13" brakes and supercharge engines. The original GT40 is not an easy car to drive with poor brakes and no power steering. You can not compare the old vs new since you 40 years of Technology changes and very different purpose.

This summer I saw the winning Audi at Goodwood and the inside the driver position and controls looks like a fighter plane. Also I had a chance to see the evolution old and new Indy cars and old and current F1.

Ron Earp

Admin
9439bff5-7f33-45ee-9a95-bcedb4f80a6d.jpg

Back