R C R Nemesis

Fran,

The first rendering is my favorite.....but what do I know? My creative brain is about the size of a small almond! Seriously, the first one.

I like 'em both from different angles. I also learned an important lesson from the SLC: DON'T MAKE A CHOICE TILL YOU SEE IT IN THE FLESH.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
the last person who could empty my wallet like this was a bird called helga from stuttgart before i got married.....christ that was a good weekend.! :heart:
hehehe

Thanks,

OK....due to popular demand via email...

How many people would look at the Nemesis and have visions of making it street legal...(regardless of the semantics of doing so at this point)....??

Research those single seat street legal abortions and you will find that not many have been sold. In my opinion, it would not be too difficult to "option" a street legal version of the Nemesis if someone simply had to have it that way. I really like it.
Careful that you don't wind up buying high and selling low only to make it up in volume!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Me too, BUT, I'd probably go with the SL-R for street and track duty for the simple pleasure of having a passenger to scare the sh*t out of. :evil:

I do have a friend who's getting pretty heavy into track day racing and I sent him the first picture you posted about this thing along with the shots of the frame in the shop. He is in love, just waiting for final specs and pricing and I'm sure he'd order one. Now he drives a Roush Stg. 2 Mustang with all competition suspension and enormous Stoptech brakes as his daily and track machine. He brushed a wall with it on the track a month or so ago and decided he needed a track only car. This is perfect for him. I'm sending him all the pics from this thread. He may be one of the crazy asses who'd make it street legal also.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!!

Brian

Making it street legal would be a top priority (to me). But at least in my area that won’t be too hard. I have looked into the details on making a kit car with a bike engine street legal in Texas (in a county that has OBDII required testing). And according to the state they will give an exemption if I put on less than 5000 miles a year. All it needs to have is the appropriate lights, signals, ect…

The only other expense I can see with this, is having to buy a lift so I can have my S2000 and this on my half of the garage.

I am not planning on making it street legal from the factory but I want to keep all options available , and not engineer the car to be impossible to be street legal should an individual want to make it so...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You know - there always has to be some bugger get into the fray that starts talking safety...

Well - I think it's my turn to be the bugger..

As others have commented about the GT40 and other supercars being so low that they are almost invisible to drivers in full sized cars, SUVs and Trucks, I would have to think that this car (although cool as heck) would be in an even worse category than that of a motorcycle in terms of being visible to traffic.

Having raced wheel to wheel in a sedan where we also had Spec Racer Fords and other full-bodied cars of the same type - I have to say that this would be a recipe for disaster in any sort of urban setting.
Now mind you that in a race with a racecar, we as drivers are always aware of our surrounding traffic and keeping a watchful eye out. Yes we not only drive aggressively as heck to get in front or keep in front, we are practicing offensive as well as defensive driving on an equal plain..

So - While I'm thoroughly excited about this new creation of RCR and the potential of this car being even more than a track day piece - I have to give it a thumbs down for street use..

Sorry fellas..

I view it no differently than driving a Lotus Seven type car on the street...essentially a four wheeled motorcycle....
The very top of the roll hoop is actually 45" tall....due to SCCA/NASA rollover spec height above a helmet and we sized this for a guy thats 6'2" plus a helmet , plus 2" as required...

Last edited:
When driving this sort of car (Sevens included) one has a tendency to grow another set of eyeballs. Driving it means exactly that and it is the DRIVERS job to keep from harms way! Just like piloting a bike, people don't see you so get over it and keep a keen eye.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks,

How many people would look at the Nemesis and have visions of making it street legal...(regardless of the semantics of doing so at this point)....??

I would.

Doug

I can appreciate both concerns and comments about off-track safety issues (must be the PhD in me....all shades of gray, no black and white). However, I believe that the Nemesis was conceived and designed to be a dedicated track car and that's where it should stay. Now, after delivery......all bets are off!

Back