RCR Chassis #14 Ron McCall

Ron McCall

Supporter
Bill,
I already did! I coated the bottom with bed liner material tonight.I should be able to post pics tomorrow night!!
It looks AMAZING!!!!!

Ron

Ron McCall

Supporter
Ready to coat.

Attachments

• 79368-123_2316-2.JPG
    79368-123_2316-2.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,121
Ron,

It looks like your powder coater did a great job - I'm still mulling over what I should do to protect my frame. I certainly don't want to disassemble my roller like you had to do for the powder coating.

Fran says that you can brush or spray on a clear protective coating if necessary but he doesn't think that the aluminum frame needs any special protection. Given your experience, what do you think of the brush on or spray on option as a means of protecting the frame?

Good Work!

John

P.S. Are you taking your car to Carlisle?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

John,
I did not say that the chassis "does not need protection"..in fact the opposite
I have recommended a few solutions as a coating, waxing is the one I like as it maintains the aluminum finish without painting or polishing....
I have also recommended Rhino/ bedliner lining the underside
of the floor.

And YES .....Ron is going to be kind enough to bring his car to Carlisle....

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, Fantastic job. The car looks awesome. Top notch build without cutting any corners. Just goes to show how easy it is to build an RCR and that you can literally be on the road within months of delivery. Say hello to your wife for me and I will probably see you guys again at Carlisle.

Gregg,
Ron has been working very hard for a couple of months ...dont be fooled by how easy he has made it look...

See you at Carlisle...

Ron McCall

Supporter
Gregg,
Thanks for the positive comments! The car is coming along great! The paint is turning out unbelievable considering I am doing the body and prep work (absolutely NO experiance) and it is being painted in my garage that I use for building transmissions .It is not perfect but I am very happy with it.
The fact that the RCR kit is so well executed has made my job so much easier than I had expected.
I will have my car at Carlisle for Fran to display. It won't be finished but It will be great for prospective buyers to see what can be done in such a short amount of time by a amateur builder.
I am even happier with my purchase now than I was when I picked it up!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Attachments

• 79456-123_2332-2.JPG
    79456-123_2332-2.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,192

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Ron-

Seriously... when do you actually sleep??? Your progress is astounding to me and I can't wait for first driving impressions (strictly from a selfish point of view). Please keep posting your progress and pics!

Jealously,
Chris

Ron McCall

Supporter
I just got 5 hrs.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The painter is coming over in 1 hr to paint the rear body section.That is the last piece!. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Thanks Chris.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Lookin GREAT!

Does Fran offer the black coating option?. If he Does it would speed up the process incredibly.I would also charge fran for bringing your car to Carlise:) he will make alot of money with sales
because of the nice job you are doing. Don't cut him any slack:)

Oliver

Ollie be quiet..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif...or I will have you banned from any RCR posts..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
RCR does not offer any coating options....

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Boy fran did not take you long to reply! just kidding. But one thing for sure the car with black coating and the alum. uper and loewer A arms look awsome.

Oliver

Ron

Incredibly, I find myself agreeing with Oliver (again). Your car looks awesome. The work that has gone into it is amazing in such a short timeframe and it deserves to be a huge attraction at Carlisle, even without the 670 horses.

In the words of Wayne and Garth, I am not worthy ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flehan.gif.

Rob
PS I even love the Mustang colour.

Back