Roaring Forties #52

Re: RF52

Thanks guys. The car is Diamond Blue and the stripes at Acapulco Metallic Blue, both from Ford, 1968. Also, not coincidently, the color of my old long gone, but not forgotten, Mustang, also from 1968.

Three coats of clear over the stripes. Front clip and spider both fell real good. I can still get a fell of the stripe on the rear clip, so I'll probably add anoth coat there. Don't know how I did that.

Oh yeah, the wheels will be painted in the stripe color.

Car looks really good Pat. How's the engine coming along, & how long before she's on the road. I'm hoping to have mine finished in time for the Glen in June but really busy with work right now.

Simon

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Pat, the car looks fantastic - I love the colour combo - subtle, but in your face, all at the same time !!

I bet you are so glad to have got the sanding & painting behind you - now you get to do the fun part where you see real results every day !!

Well done.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

You really got to give credit to Pat and Rolf Bronkhorst. Niether has ever painted a car before and both have done great jobs on their GT's. It's hard work but worth it. especially when you think about what it would have cost if somebody else did it.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Pat I like this color combo soooo much better than the first choice. What was noww...purple , sunflower, and red?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can safely say, that while happy to have done this (for over a year now), I will never paint another car!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it would've only been six months if you painted it the right color the first time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I agree with Hersh, that color combo looks great. The other color was...well...the color you ended up with looks great!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon, as of last week Dan had the engine bored to 25 over and needed to bore/hone the last 5 with a torque plate on. Then line bore the crank. Heads need to be milled, very rough, tear down the heads, etc. Probably a couple of weeks away before being able to start building it up.

Peter, Hersh, Mark, thanks guys. I too like this color much better. I had my doubts when there were no stripes on it, but seems to have come together nicely.

Looks great Pat. That color combination is outstanding. Can't wait to see it in person.

Best,

Chuck Ward

Slowly moving forward. Got the wheels done. Amazing how much time is spent in taping things off.

Attachments

• 55339-Dsc02597.jpg
    55339-Dsc02597.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 556

And somewhat assembled. Need to do a bit of touchup to one door, we'll see how good I am at that!

Attachments

• 55341-Dsc02655.jpg
    55341-Dsc02655.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 551

WOW, I like the color of those wheels. Everything looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Geez, I just looked and the first post I put down on body work was a year ago! Even with all the agony, I will be glad to have done it myself when done.

Thanks for the kind words!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Pat you are doing great. My first post was Wednesday November 5th 2003. Still a way to go and I'm paying for the factory to build it for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Is patience really character building?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

well, it's been a long summer with work really cutting into fun, but today was a good day. Wheeled it out and lo and behold, the engine started the first try! Unbelieveable.

Attachments

• 70247-DSC05547A.jpg
    70247-DSC05547A.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 581

and another. Needs adjusting, find out why the radiator fans never kicked on, small oil leak at the junction block for the oil pressure gages, install transmission, adjust header pipes... the list never gets any shorter!

Engine souonds great. I am currently enjoying post orgasamic bliss.

Attachments

• 70248-DSC05552A.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 606

Hi Pat,
Car looks fantastic, all that hard work will soon payoff. The first run I took in mine was so much fun I just new I was doing something illegal. How long do you think before you can go for a drive?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Simon

Thanks Simon, yours too looks great. Gearbox is done, I just need to pick it up, up at Moorespeed in Austin. Then I need an alignment, then tags. I'll do the interior finish after all that. Oh, and I need the glass installed.

Never seems to end, does it?

Come on you guys..admit it..you're having fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back