Roaring Forties #52

Mark, I did some cutting and bracing on my seats for the 5 point harness. Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• DSC06449 forum.jpg
    DSC06449 forum.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 678
Hi Pat, great job, and congrats getting it down the road! Can you tell me besides modifying the cross-member just under the pipes , what else did you do (frame under gearbox mod? engine, trans mounts) ? I installed my engine ,pipes and box in stock trim just to see where its at clearance wise. I want to "de-angle it" as much as possible. Any help much appreciated. Dan W

Dan, I did the 'hershal' modification. I got rid of the crap under the gearbox and just used the two uprights sitting on 1" thick rubber spacers. I cut and rebuilt the crossmember. All this screwed up the location of the muffler brackets, so I welded on tabs to the chassis and then fabricated some real simple muffler supports. Absolutely nothing fancy. I reinforced the gearbox mounts with an additional gusset plate added to each mount. I made no changes to the frame. The absolute biggest pain in the rear was modifying the exhaust pipes. Once I know everything is good I'll send them away to Jet Hot - the Eastwood stuff did not work.

If you would like pictures of something in particular, let me know and I'll snap away.

patbarry said:
Cliff, I live in The Woodlands, about an hour north. You're close to Simon, he lives in that general area, did the car you see have orange stripes?

Yeah, it did. That must have been the car. We saw it twice several months apart around League City/Kemah. Incomplete on the first, and mostly finished on the second. I wanted to follow and talk with the driver, but had an appointment I couldn't miss.

Maybe our paths will cross again.

Cliff

Back