slc Ls 376 and grazziano

Bosch # that Jim posted is correct, the big issue is the up to 80.00 core charge I have seen, as I posted earlier the application is a vw jetta with manual trans. I would check you're local parts store, mine beat the best online price I could find and since I use them all the time we just used a ford starter for the core. I tend to keep a lot of that old stuff in the bins for just that reason.......m

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I just received my starter ring:

I think we can safely declare the myth that it takes 8 months to get one
20110903063420!Busted.png

;)

Pete

Last edited:

Michael Fling

Supporter
I am unclear about all that is needed for the Graz/376. Fran placed my clutch/flywheel. Can you list all of the specific parts needed for the Graz with the 376?

Ring gear and pilot bearing, (which you have already discussed with Dean)

Ring gear should be purchased directly from Audi.

Thanks..

Hey guys,

So the starter bolts are 12mmx1.25. What size are the other bolts that are needed? Also, does anyone know what clutch pilot tool to use?

Craig I will have to check on the starter bolts I thought I picked up 12mmx 1.5 I wont be back in the shop until tommorrow but what ever ones I got, I did check and they went right in, as far as the bolts for the clutch and ring gear assemble I would have to double check as well.

The starter bolts are 12mm x1.5 I just checked, clutch to flywheel are 6mm x1.0x75mm, 3 inch long for the non metric peoples..................m

Dave I used 1 3/4 inch I would have to look to see what it comes up to in mm. The flange on the starter is thick and there is plenty of meat on the grazzianno..........m

Thanks guys! RCR-supplied clutch and flywheel are in my hot little hands. Ring gear, pilot bearing and bolts are on order from the sites on this thread.

Now, if I just knew what to do once everything gets here . . . :)

I have never installed a clutch or transmission, so any pictures, parts lists or advice from you guys who are installing a Graziano before me are much appreciated.

Thanks guys! RCR-supplied clutch and flywheel are in my hot little hands. Ring gear, pilot bearing and bolts are on order from the sites on this thread.

Now, if I just knew what to do once everything gets here . . . :)

I have never installed a clutch or transmission, so any pictures, parts lists or advice from you guys who are installing a Graziano before me are much appreciated.

Allan U. did a video of a clutch install on a Ricardo to LS motor - different trans but you'll get the idea --

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMMexbnbc_8]SL-C BUILD Clutch install - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone have the size for the flywheel to engine mounting bolts?

How about a part no. or specs or source for the clutch alignment tool? I checked with my usual local shops (autozone, O'reilly's) and noone has a reference for a 2011 audi R8 clutch alignment tool.

Dave on the flywheel to engine/crankshaft bolts I showed 11mmx1.5. I ordered arp# 330-2802 I have not received them yet to check. as far as the clutch alignment tool, I decided to wait until I had everything there to decide if I would need one. I haven't checked to see if any of my other ones will work or not on this set up. I should know this week..........m

Dave,

If you want to wait until my clutch alignment tool shows up, I'll confirm it fits. I bought it at autopartsway.com part # G126940.

I received notice my ring gear is on route.

mmiller, what is your first name so I don't feel odd calling you mmiller or silverback or guessing your name is Mark?

Back