Superformance Ford GT MkII

I just got back from receiving it! There were some last minute changes to date and location, and it worked out that I only had about 2 hours with the car before I had to leave. I tucked it away in the hangar and flew off. I won't see it again for 3 weeks or so. Bummer.

Car looks beautiful. I have a couple of items I am working with Olthoff that need to be addressed. The car started right up. I could only drive it the 1/4 mile from the truck to the hangar on the airport grounds - so 1st gear only. What a teaser. A small crowd formed as it was being offloaded. It sure gathers attention. Most peoples reaction is a jaw dropping "Oh My God".

Looking forward to heading back to the car.....

Here are some pics of the transporter giving birth.

Mike

Attachments

• DSC01351small.JPG
    DSC01351small.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 847
  • DSC01354small.JPG
    DSC01354small.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 856
  • DSC01357small.JPG
    DSC01357small.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 885
  • DSC01370small.JPG
    DSC01370small.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 828
what is the deal with the rear on those cars? The originals do not seem to sit so high and the low slung look is so much better. Can it be adjusted down to an appropriate level?

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Mike,

I love the color!! rockonsmile

It looks very much like the Bright Island Blue (Ford 2003 ZX2 color) on my car and it has the silver stripes that mine was supposed to have (but the duffuses painting it "forgot" :mad: )

Lynn

Thanks Bill!

Chuck, I have seen pictures of originals that show a pronounced gap between the tire and fender. That, and I suspect the newer available tires are smaller in diameter...contributing to the gap. I suppose with the right hammer anything can be adjusted.

Lynn, I love the color - it changes in the light from a real dark blue to a lighter metallic look. The stripes really ghost in the dark light and then pop in the sunlight. I am really happy with my choice...thanks.

Mike

Attachments

• gt40.JPG
    gt40.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 800
  • gt1015dmed.jpg
    gt1015dmed.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 825
  • gt1015gmed.jpg
    gt1015gmed.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 800
  • gt1046dmed.jpg
    gt1046dmed.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 809
  • gt1046emed.jpg
    gt1046emed.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 847
what is the deal with the rear on those cars? The originals do not seem to sit so high and the low slung look is so much better. Can it be adjusted down to an appropriate level?

Does this look a little better? This is a pic of our factory car. It's fitted with 275/60-15 rubber on the rear.

Attachments

• GL2M5513 Side X.jpg
    GL2M5513 Side X.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 673
Back