Superlite Roadster....

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, the nose looks great to me.

Now, eliminate one seat, narrow the chassis, put some bodywork on the rear and call it an RCR 49. Oh, and paint it BRG while you're at it.......

The rad is not located in the front of the car...so no heat wash over the driver and no coolant tube routing issues.

The uprights are billet , as usual and they are very near production intent.
Big wheels, tires and brakes need to be supported securely....this is street and track so they will have to deal with some bad road conditions too...not just flat race tracks..

I like the retro look. I can't wait to see the other two.

The first thought was that it reminded me of the F1's, the second thought was of a tweaked super 7.

Keep up the good work! One day, I hope to have an RCR of my own!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I like the retro look. I can't wait to see the other two.

The first thought was that it reminded me of the F1's, the second thought was of a tweaked super 7.

Keep up the good work! One day, I hope to have an RCR of my own!

The Super 7, that's it right there. Sorry Fran. Haha Yes it does have that look to it. I do like this nose though. I'm extremely interested in seeing the F1 and the Roadster. I know they'll be killer. Are you still working on some rear bodywork? I know you are working on fender covers as well. I'm stoked to see the whole thing together and ready to go man, I can't wait!!!

Everyone who wants to see more bodywork raise their hand!

HAND RAISED!

Personally, I like the bodywork you have shown so far. It is simple.

My wife however disagrees. Sigh.

Now that I see the retro nose...I must again post these images to push fran into building one with fat avon tires and a set of snake exhaust tubes hanging from the rear....I am evil

if he doesnt, I may have to buy one and do it myself :)

Attachments

• inspiration%20%284%29.jpg
    inspiration%20%284%29.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 942
  • inspiration%20%281%29.jpg
    inspiration%20%281%29.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 935
  • F6M07-764-Ferrari-312-F1-68.jpg
    F6M07-764-Ferrari-312-F1-68.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 905
  • 145-5.jpg
    145-5.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 941
Another... and enough, I am sure I have beaten this to death by now.

Cheers
Eric

Attachments

• cooperalfa68.jpg
    cooperalfa68.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 861

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Well, I have been privilaged enough to be one of the first people to see the 2nd nose. At least the first fiberglass version of the 2nd nose. Whatever. Haha All I have to say is WOW!!! I will not divulge any more information than that. Be patient ya'll, this stuff is well worth the wait.

No, I didn't get any pictures in respect for Fran and his privacy. I'm a good boy...

Laters,

Brian

Hey Fran, I know it goes against the tidy packaging and cost benefits of a small transverse motor....

But could a Superlite chassis take a longitudinal mounted V6 or V8 with Porsche or other gearbox? (visible headers oh my!)

what about a transverse Acura-Nissan V6 and trans, they were good for around 250-300 hp at some point I think in different cars....

-'nuthin wrong with a screaming 4 cyl...but you know theres that more pistons sickness.....(related to the more boost virus and the dreaded chroming flu)

-Eric

Back