Superlite Roadster....

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Fran there is nothing wrong with a little random Journalist burning :D

In it's brief, the Caparo was designed to burn them...

REALLY?????....ours will be reliable and not set journalists on fire...

yep burned one and then clarkson did a review and made a point to have a whole fire brigade at the track just to rub it in. Then the car fell apart as he was driving anyway.

All reviews say the same, too stiff to live on real roads. Springs are set up to handle high speed-high downforce, which makes it an understeering skateboard are anything under light speed.

I am surprised the crack team that did the car isnt using a dual stage spring or even an indycar 3rd spring system. Anyway its an unusable heap from what i can see.

Far better off with a SLR that feels like light speed at 100.

cheers
eric

Hey Fran,

my 2cents (worth about 0.5cents in exchange) for the Retro roadster nose would be to ask if it were possible to stretch the nose a little farther forward, and narrow the cone down so the opening is a bit smaller...?

Of course ramp angle and overhang are an issue, but it doesnt need to be extreme.

The opening could then be ducted for an oil cooler or some such.

Is the tooling cast?

cheers
Eric

Eric,

tooling is already done for the Grand Prix ...I wantd to keep the nose close to level with the front of the front wheels for damage limitation and also ramp angle issues....
I love the Lotus 49 and Brabham BT's too but I did not want that kind of look for this car...you are a resourceful fellow.....you could always skinny down yours...;)

Just finishing up the F1 too......

Sorry....

Eric,

tooling is already done for the Grand Prix ...I wantd to keep the nose close to level with the front of the front wheels for damage limitation and also ramp angle issues....
I love the Lotus 49 and Brabham BT's too but I did not want that kind of look for this car...you are a resourceful fellow.....you could always skinny down yours...;)

Just finishing up the F1 too......

Sorry....

No need to be sorry. It looks fantastic now. Ill just have to see them in person next time in detroit. i like everything i have seen so far.

If i still had a wild hair, i just break out the foam, glass, and filler.
i would hate to be accused of feeling my cone was inadequate :)

are you doing a fitted frp seat, or set up for aftermarket units?

Fran what seats are in the production SLR? the Seats seen in the Grandprix or F1 and other pictures? Are they a RCR creation or a other racing brand? (the ones in the F1)

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Wow, Fran, these are really starting to take shape!

I particularly like the much more finished look of the F1 version!

Just curious if you might have any idea of how much the windscreen might add to the predicted price?

You say they are a track tool, not a street "..fool", but considering you are preparing to offer a windscreen and wiper option, it begs the question--are these going to be marketed in a form that might be registerable for street use? I understand the complexity of that question, considering that each of our states seems to have quite a different opinion of what ought to be on their streets, just curious regarding your target population.

Thanks, Fran!

Doug

Last edited:
Fran I was looking at the pictures again and the one thing I don't see is where the fuel tank goes. I see it on the spec sheet but where does it go on the car?

Wonder what it would take to get a Honda S2000 setup in there? 8500 redline or so... could be fun in the twisties.

Fran, I spoke to you on the phone Friday. You mentioned January as a date for beginning delivery on the Roadster and I may be looking at 3 of them to start with. I will need my guys to come up there and look at some things and discuss the car with you to see if it will suit us. I do need for it to be street legal and I am partial to the open frame look with maybe a wind/debris deflector. I also like the looks of the Ariel Atom nose. Here is a link to a photo:

http://mike-mcgrath.files.wordpress...images?q=ariel+atom&gbv=1&svnum=10&hl=en&sa=G

Not trying to create the look of an open wheel race car, I want something functional to drive.

Jeff,
the style of bodywork that we are offering have been shown on this forum..

The Grand Prix and the F1

I will absolutely not be offering anything remotely like the A**m bodywise.....I personally dont like the looks and I build stuff that I like...I can only have true conviction in my products of I believe in theway they are represented....price/looks and functionality wise.

Street legal will depend upon your States rules....

Back