Superlite Roadster....

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
^^^
Looks like Fran's computer is messing up, or the sheep keeps hitting the "Submit Reply" button.

:dead:

Sorry, the sheep joke was just too easy...

But seriously, is there room back there in the SL-R for a laterally mounted V6? Nick was curious about that, dreams of running the 3.5L Nissan V6 with the 6-speed from a Maxima. I told him my SRT-4 powered one would stomp his ass but he wants to hear the sound of that V6 as opposed to the buzz of a 4 banger.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I bought a V-6 Honda Accord hoping to be able to use the engine/transaxle in one of the S-L/R kits. It's an automatic, but if the plans work out, I might use it in sand, where an automatic is a GOOD thing. Either way, I think it would be a hoot on the street, too, even with the automatic.

Good stuff, Fran--we're all waiting with 'bated breath!

Doug

We were discussing how much much accessible the car may be with an Auto.....

I think there are mnay people that would appreciate a modern autobox ...as they certainly can still fly...

The SL-R would then become a nekkid SL-C...defeating the object a little.

How is the baby doing?

True, but cant beat the power to weight plus the wind and bugs in tha face :)

Baby is great, more fun than I expected. I still havent gotten any sleep, so I walk around in a daze, but thats normal anyway for me.

Cheers
eric

Tooling is almost done on this guy but this should help you visualise the finished item...dont forget 16k as a roller(minus tyres)
This model is called the F1....

Attachments

• latest  sl_r.jpg
    latest sl_r.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,014
Last edited:
Fran,

That drawing of the F1 looks great! I love the brake ducts and (functional?) splitter.

Is there going to be any covering over the top of the motor?

What size wheels does it come with?

One suggestion: Offer a brake light that mounts high, maybe on the backs of the seats, so SUVs don't accidentally run you over :(

Thanks Grant...feel free to add a high level brake light to yours....:)

The wheels are 17 x 9.5

No engine cover...at 16k....limits have to be drawn...

Of course the splitter and ducts will be functional.....this is a track tool not a street fool....:rolleyes:...oh boy its gettin kinda deep...:D

I am also working on a DOT screen and wiper as an option for the States that require it for street use....had a meeting with a major glass company on Friday and its looking good.

Fran, does the rear body panel sides, (Side pods) that hold the rad come off for the different nose styles? Wouldn't the F1's edgy side pod look out of place with the Grand Prix nose cone? Is there different side pods for each nose cone or just the one style? Are there different fender styles too? I really like the 2 tone fenders too I had to take a second look to notice that. Keep up the good work.

Currently there is one side pod design .......retro is supposed to be edgy right????

One fender style also...but if you dont two tone them they disappear.....

Peter,
Ken is picking the car up shortly..:D

Fran,
The F1 panels look fantastic! I have been anxiously waiting for pics and I am not disappointed. Unfortunately with a 5 mo. old baby, and apparently now another bun in the oven, I have a snowballs chance for the near future. I am not that good of a salesman! Any way you can modify it with dual baby seats and the word "GRACO" on it somewhere? I might have a fighting chance then. I did sell her on the idea that my Saleen S281sc would be a "practical family car" Please help.... :eek:)

Back