Superlite Roadster....

Here are a couple of pics of the Electrolite with drivetrain.....

Roadster Specs.

Weight < 2,000 lbs
0-60 < 4 sec.
Top speed 90 mph
Range 55 miles
Motor WarP 9"
Motor Torque 350 ft/lb @ 100rpm
Battery - Customer determined, packaging for 24 Group 27 batteries.
Controller Zilla 1000 Amp
Charger PFC30
Custom wiring included

Home based type charging ....no special charging post required.

The longterm plan will be to offer more advanced power source once they become more affordable and readily available..using lead acid allows the DIY access to easy resources and affordable replacement.

Full up price ...minus batteries is $34,995....

Attachments

• S7300486 (Small).JPG
    S7300486 (Small).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 3,196
  • S7300487 (Small).JPG
    S7300487 (Small).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 3,452
  • S7300493 (Small).JPG
    S7300493 (Small).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,523
  • S7300492 (Small).jpg
    S7300492 (Small).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3,137
Last edited:
Randy...range is ...55 smiles....
Transaxle is a new F40 unit from GM...I have 6 more in stock at the moment.
Only using 2nd and 6th....

Recharge time from dead? Price of a full set of batteries? By "kit" is this really "batteries not included"??? ;)

Not familiar with the transaxle...does it automatically shift?

When do you think you'll be ready to sell them? (A good answer is "right after your 917 is done", BTW.) :)

--Donnie

Hey Fran.....

I see your Brutale' in the background .... nice street ride (a proper tool for the "respectable" hooligan).

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
That's an awesome idea Fran!! I was wondering if & when you'd get around to that. Once I saw a little tidbit on it a while back, I was really interested to see what you'd come up with. Do you remember those small batteries I was telling you about that we have used on a few customer's Mustangs? They are basically high powered electric wheelchair batteries. They are gel cell and mount in ANY position. I see you're using Optima Yellow Tops for the same freedom of mounting. A friend of mine works for a custom stereo company here in Austin and there are TONS of high power gel cell batteries available through that market. Have you thought of incorperating regenerative braking to the car? I've got a few other creative ideas that I've ben toying with in my head for an electric car, but I'll keep those secret. Or, maybe I'll call you and tell you about them so you can try to incorperate them and see if they work. Haha Anyways, that's about it.

Laters,

Brian

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Fran,

Nice chassis on that Electrolite. For a guy who thinks of everything, you don't seem to have left much room for the petrol tank/s!

Mind you, I suppose with a range of 55 miles you don't need big tanks. Any plans to build an Endurance Racing version?

Cheers

No need for a petrol tank when you a have gas bag driving.....eh Russ?

Suppose it was only a matter of time before Mrs Fran decided she deserved a toy as well, interesting that she should choose a battery powered model. With all those pet sheep in the back yard too, shame to see all that natural gas going to waste! There is just no pleasing them is there. Merry Xmas & Happy New Year Fran :)

Jac Mac

A few questions if I may :)

1. What are the wheels made out of and how much do they weigh?
2. How heavy are the discs and calipers?
3. What are the seats made out of and how much do they weigh?
4. Do you have a ChroMo chassis?
5. Is the weight inclusive of a standard battery or say something like a yellow top battery?

You can see where I am going here :)

A few more questions if I may:

1. What suspension components are being used and what do they weigh?
2. Do you have an official final weight for the Roadster and what does that include? Engine/tyres?

Thanks again.

Fran,

I'm currently working for a large tier 1 automotive electronics company working on charging and monitoring electronics of Li-ION hybrid packs.

I would love to see one of our units sitting back there. We make packs up to 450 - 500V. I can't see one of our units costing soooo much more than buying all these seperate batteries, plus the weight savings and longer life would more than offset the cost increase.

I'll have to get some more specs if you want them cause im not sure the exact specs of the packs as I work on the electronics only.

With one of our packs you would be ahead on the Tulsa in battery tech.

Maybe you could up the top speed too!!

ok, just looking into some cell prices.....and the ones we are using now are a bit too much for this application, unless you want your pack to cost as much as the kit.

I think there are Li-ION packs out there for various hybrid-plugin conversions that are more affordable something like that might be a bit closer to the budget.

But I see that you don't supply the batteries anyway, so the customer can do what they want. Great idea, and it keeps you out of other issues, very nice!

I spoke to Fran yesterday and he said he anticipates the end of April to be able to ship the SL-R on a 7 day order timeframe. I need some Unisom, I could not sleep too well thinking about the car. If the pictures of a finished SL-R with the F1 look like the rendering and the car handles well, I'm definitely in for buying one. I have my money ready, I'm just waiting to see what the car looks like with actual panels instead of the Photoshop. I like my Ginetta, but the SL-R would definitely be a little easier to work on. I'm looking forward to having some nice drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway with my brother driving one of the cars...
Go FRAN!

Attachments

• PICT0198.JPG
    PICT0198.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 616
Guys ,

our delays are only due to having one chance to do it "right first time"...and we will be nailing it !!!!!!!...no guessing

Cool Ginetta.....:D

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
You guys absolutely have to see the real thing in person to appreciate it. It is such a well built car and I am so excited about getting one. I am starting a career in Real Estate and getting married and all that exciting stuff, BUT, one of these cars is in my near future. I am already sourcing parts for the SRT-4 drivetrain I'm going to use to power it. I think I'm going to just put a stock drivetrain in it to begin with and upgrade later. I figure that engine will be enough power for a little bit until I get used to it, then it's on to MORE POWER! Fran is building an absolute monster in this little car, I'm being as patient as possible, but it's hard when you're this excited!!!

Keep at it Fran, you have dedicated fans!!!

Back