The Pot Party!

I do sympathize with you on litigation. It rarely makes sense and it rarely results in either party being happy. But it is a product of unreasonableness, usually, on both sides. Lawyers can add fuel to flames, or put them out (if they are smarter), but rarely start the fire.

Jeff,

You are so right, this is something my dear old dad used to point out to all his clients. Quite often much to his consternation they choose to ignore him.

So, while I understand your frustration with lawyers, wouldn't you agree that in the Oil and Electricity business there are good folks and bad folks?

ABSOLUTELY

painting with the broad brush strokes that you have on some occasions is a wee bit off the mark?

It's a fair cop. Note to self. Must try harder not to generalize. Plus, buy smaller brushes

I do sympathize with you on litigation. It rarely makes sense and it rarely results in either party being happy. But it is a product of unreasonableness, usually, on both sides. Lawyers can add fuel to flames, or put them out (if they are smarter), but rarely start the fire.

My experiences have certainly jaded me to a degree. However, the education has been fun and I am stronger proffesionally and personally for the experience

I now retain a Barrister. She gets there quicker!

I shouldn't label all Lawyers as bad Jeff, I am sure you're not. People always refer to people in my trade a sharks and worse. I don't consider myself to be either. In a nutshell, I should know better. Just lately I have been ranting like a loonatic in here. Something in the water I guess? ;)

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Naw, it's alright. Litigation brings out the worst in all of us. It's expensive, no fun and makes people hate lawyers...and lawyers have a lot to do with it.

I hope your case is resolved soon (sounds like it may have been?).

Jeff,

You are so right, this is something my dear old dad used to point out to all his clients. Quite often much to his consternation they choose to ignore him.

It is quite possible that I have previously had a knack for finding the bad ones. But then, how would I be able to appreciate the team that look after me now had I not experienced the dark side first?

We should think of Lawyers (I take that back Jeff), (replace Lawyers with 'professionals') like women. You never marry the first one! ;) Well we all know you shouldn't! Right?

I actually have an honest lawyer. He is the guitar player in my band for twenty-seven years. As an example, he takes kids who get NBA contracts, puts them on an allowance, gets rid of the posse, and when they retire, they are rich instead of owing the IRS millions. He actually handles Eddie Van Halen's money.

I'm a bass player Bob. If only the guitarists I worked with over the years were like your bloke! But does he always follow the proper pre-action protocols before jumping to the bridge? Must be a bugger for timing! ;)

I'm a bass player Bob. If only the guitarists I worked with over the years were like your bloke! But does he always follow the proper pre-action protocols before jumping to the bridge? Must be a bugger for timing! ;)

Quite honestly, I asked him once if anal retentive was hyphenated, his reply, "No, but it should be."

BTW, my bass player, we've been in bands together since 1968, co-founded the bass amp company, SWR. He sold it to Fender five or six years ago.

Naw, it's alright. Litigation brings out the worst in all of us. It's expensive, no fun and makes people hate lawyers...and lawyers have a lot to do with it.

I hope your case is resolved soon (sounds like it may have been?).

Can't say much Jeff. Suffice it to say the whole thing began nearly ten years ago! My how the time just flies by!!

Dare I say we're close? Better not!! But I'd rather be at this end of the ten years than the other!!!

BTW, my bass player, we've been in bands together since 1968, co-founded the bass amp company, SWR. He sold it to Fender five or six years ago.

Cool.

Old SWR gear is great. Don't know about the new stuff. Used your heads on many occasions, but only in the studio when doing a session for someone else. Never live or on my own stuff. I've always used Ampeg.

I only play when needed or asked nowadays, or for my own pleasure. Too old to rock n roll!

Never too old to rock, Mark. Don't even go there.

Bass players always get work. What bass/basses do you have?

Steve W. Robbie was one of those garage inventors back in the sixties. He decided the bass amps of the day sounded horrible, so he designed his own.

For tone, he used a tube preamp and so it wouldn't go flabby at volume, he used a solid state power amp.

Daryl, my bass player, was extremely hard on equipment so Steve gave him a beta figuring if Daryl couldn't break it no one could.

D. fell in love with it, and being a financial genius, he said Steve, "Right now, you're agonizing over spending $45 a week on parts. If we get together, you'll be agonizing about spending $45,000 a week on parts."

The rest is history! They really changed the market with that amp and the four tens with a tweeter. Seems like every company has one now.

Cool.

Old SWR gear is great. Don't know about the new stuff. Used your heads on many occasions, but only in the studio when doing a session for someone else. Never live or on my own stuff. I've always used Ampeg.

I only play when needed or asked nowadays, or for my own pleasure. Too old to rock n roll!

If you're ever in jolly old Los Angeles, we must get together and jam. Seriously!

If you're ever in jolly old Los Angeles, we must get together and jam. Seriously!

I WILL take you up on that someday Bob. My partner Jane especially has many friends out there. She was once a wifey, you know the deal! Rainbow every night. Sunset marquis and all that jazz. We've been meaning to make the trip for a while now. They're all fed up with having to come here! Elderly Mother and animals, plus work of course keeps us as sad sally stay at homes!

I have a '75 Ric 4001 and a '74 Jazz. Simples. Oh yeah and a little 4x10 with a horn. I also use valve pre-amp and solid state main. a tough combination to beat.

I WILL take you up on that someday Bob. My partner Jane especially has many friends out there. She was once a wifey, you know the deal! Rainbow every night. Sunset marquis and all that jazz. We've been meaning to make the trip for a while now. They're all fed up with having to come here! Elderly Mother and animals, plus work of course keeps us as sad sally stay at homes!

I have a '75 Ric 4001 and a '74 Jazz. Simples. Oh yeah and a little 4x10 with a horn. I also use valve pre-amp and solid state main. a tough combination to beat.

Ask her if she recalls the Hullabaloo Club at Sunset and Argyle. I was in on of the five house bands there.

Bob & Mark now you guys are talking my language, I use a 4003 ric through a SWR basic red 350 with a SWR henry the 8th..:) GetAttachment.jpg

Back