The Shirley Sharrod Affair

Pat

Supporter
Al there is a huge amount of proof about tea baggers, it is not neccasary to make it up like Mr Breitbart!

No Jim, the word anger doesn't bother me;"Teabagger" does. I do find it offensive. If you don't know what it means try looking it up. I don't condone racial slurs either.

Your insensitivity is amazing.

Dale Robertson, a Tea Party activist who operates TeaParty.org, is getting stung for an old photo — taken at the Feb. 27, 2009 Tea Party in Houston — in which he holds a sign reading “Congress = Slaveowner, Taxpayer = Niggar.”

After the ResistNet listerv promoted “Liberty Concerts” to be held by TeaParty.org, a source passed on this photo of Robertson, after the jump.

Update: Josh Parker of the Houston Tea Party Society tells me that Robertson was booted out of the event for this sign.

Apparently the guy with that sign was asked to leave the event, like I said "one" butthead. You are blessed not to have any abnormal people associated with liberal groups.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
GEEZ.....one more reason to be embarrased about living in Texas (Dale Robertson :furious: ).

.....and one more reason to be proud to live near Houston (Josh Parker....or at least ONE of the TeaParty members has some sense!).

Now......if we could just tame down the rhetoric of the TeaParty in general, we might have some semblance of reason around here :thumbsup: .

"No good will come of rebel-rousers, whether they are TeaPartiers or Johnny Reb's........." [surely some politician from sometime between 1773 and 1865 MUST have said something like that, no? ) :lipsrsealed:

Doug

GEEZ.....one more reason to be embarrased about living in Texas (Dale Robertson :furious: ).

.....and one more reason to be proud to live near Houston (Josh Parker....or at least ONE of the TeaParty members has some sense!).

Now......if we could just tame down the rhetoric of the TeaParty in general, we might have some semblance of reason around here :thumbsup: .

"No good will come of rebel-rousers, whether they are TeaPartiers or Johnny Reb's........." [surely some politician from sometime between 1773 and 1865 MUST have said something like that, no? ) :lipsrsealed:

Doug

No, I think it was Batman who said "It is well to remember that evil is a pretty bad thing"

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Dale Robertson is a man of courage and conviction, a rare commodity in today's topsy-turvy world. Dale, is the Founder of the modern day Tea Party and also President of TeaParty.org

Dale Robertson, a public speaker, a family man with a wife and 5 children, has lead Tea Party rallies across America from its inception.

Apparently the guy with that sign was asked to leave the event, like I said "one" butthead. You are blessed not to have any abnormal people associated with liberal groups.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Al,

So Al, I took your advise and went to TeaParty.org it appears that the "one butthead", abnormal person (your words) is the "founder of the modern day Tea Party".

Last edited:

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Jim -

Aren't you going to respond to Veeks comments? By the way, he hit the nail on the head, you are amazingly insensitive and furthermore I am convinced that you are hiding behind the veil of being a moderate. You come across as a flaming liberal and I think you should stop being dishonest and admit it.

Your characterization of Tea Party people as being "teabaggers" is just another example of this.

I think you are the only person on this site that I am contemplating putting on "ignore".

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee Pat,

I had no idea that a tea b***** was anything other than someone who bags tea and a political party started by a racist.

I have never clamed to be anything other than someone who hates "out of context, partial truth missleading retoric".

Al asked me, (quote) Jim, where in the hell do you get the idea (and the proof) that the Tea Party is racist?

So I answered him.

If the left continually started half truth threads on our site I would be all over them as well. As of yet I have not seen too much of that but one can hope.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pat, do I understand that my lack of knowledge about current slang bothers you more than the relivation that the founder of the modern tea party is a racist?

You may want to give some though as to what you find "amazingly insensitive" and adjust your priorities.

Last edited:

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
All I care about is what the Tea Party movement is about today - I do not see how my thoughts about that in any way relate to you and your attack mentality.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
After reading all the posts "related" to the topic, I think, whoever he is, accomplished what he intended. It seems to me, that beyond all the teaparty name calling and other misplaced verbage a singular fact comes to the forefront. It is easier for someone to be discredited from conjecture and editing slight of hand than actual proof. On both sides. Noone wants to investigate the "details" of any given statement or circumstance. Quite honestly I thought it was called freedom of speach, not freedom to speak what I think is O.K. I think that the 2 major parties are as bigoted as any group, Tea Party,NAACP, Black Panthers. But the wealthy have control over both those groups and they act to suppress that voice...although they still want their vote. Without Freedom of speach NO idea can be expressed for digestion because someone will label it with a generalization in order to discredit it by association instead of thought. Civil discourse and debate in this country, that relishes every July 4th about our "freedoms", is dead when ideas are trampled on without a discussion on it's merits. That's what the current public debate has become. It worked well for Uncle Adolf and seems to be an advancing phenomena here.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Dave,

I apreciate your thoughts, some times its good to step back and see were the trail has taken us.

I understand were your coming from with the usless arguments, but I'm not sure this is a new phenominon.

I think these kinds of heated discussions have gone on for ever, both sides convinced they are right, hoping to influence that one person you hope is in the fence. It's just today with the internet, there are far less bar fights and broken noses.......and I'd be out numbered.

I'm not sure about you'r last thought though. I think Hitler would have wanted nothing to do with open discussion of the facts as each person sees them.

Its the beauty of our Country that this exists.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
There's no evidence that the Tea Party adherence are any more racist than other Republicans
Posted by Veek

Jim, please call me on my assumptions and I'll continue to address your vacancy of factual support. ;)<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Posted by Veek

So Veek, now that you've seen evidence...................

Veek, give me an example of my "vacancy of factual support" from anything I have said in this discussion.<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->

Last edited:
I would say that equating congress to slave owners and taxpayers to slaves was a very unfortunate choice for Mr Robertson and nothing more. Slaves would have been a far better word to use, and either way he was wrong, but that doesn't make him a racist. Like I said, you are blessed not to have any abnormal people associated with liberal groups.

Pat

Supporter
Posted by Veek

Jim, please call me on my assumptions and I'll continue to address your vacancy of factual support. ;)<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Posted by Veek

So Veek, now that you've seen evidence...................

Veek, give me an example of my "vacancy of factual support" from anything I have said in this discussion.<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->

Yea, like the sexual slurs you use to describe the Tea Party grass root movement your accountability for starting the Tea Party Movement differs from the accounts of others.
Here's some rebuttal to your nonsense.

New York Times journalist Kate Zernike reported that leaders within the Tea Party credit Seattle blogger and conservative activist Keli Carender with organizing the first Tea Party in February 2009, although the term "Tea Party" was not used. Other articles, written by Chris Good of The Atlantic and NPR’s Martin Kaste, credit Carender as, "one of the first," Tea Party organizers and state that she, “organized some of the earliest Tea Party-style protests." Carender also contacted conservative author and Fox News contributor Michelle Malkin, and asked her to publicize the rally on her blog. Carender then held a second protest on February 27, 2009, reporting "We more than doubled our attendance at this one." On Tax Day, six weeks later, 1,200 people gathered for a Tea Party protest. In response to Santelli, websites such as ChicagoTeaParty.com (registered in August 2008 by Chicago radio producer Zack Christenson) were live within twelve hours. About 10 hours after Santelli's remarks, reTeaParty.com was bought to coordinate Tea Parties scheduled for July 4 and, as of March 4, was reported to be receiving 11,000 visitors a day.
According to The New Yorker writer Ben McGrath and New York Times reporter Kate Zernike, this is where the movement was first inspired to coalesce under the collective banner of "Tea Party." By the next day, guests on Fox News had already begun to mention this new "Tea Party."
As reported by The Huffington Post, a Facebook page was developed on February 20 calling for Tea Party protests across the country. Soon, the "Nationwide Chicago Tea Party" protest was coordinated across over 40 different cities for February 27, 2009, thus establishing the first national modern Tea Party protest.

I have no idea who this Robertson guy is and find it amusing that you're resorting to quoting Breitbart in your own defense of a sexual slur while accusing others of racial slurs.
What Breitbart wants to call himself is his business, the slurs you use against others is offensive.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I would say that equating congress to slave owners and taxpayers to slaves was a very unfortunate choice for Mr Robertson and nothing more. Slaves would have been a far better word to use, and either way he was wrong, but that doesn't make him a racist.
Posted by Al,

No Al, equating congress with slave owners does not make him a racist, Its the N**** In large letters that make him a racist.

Are you really trying to defend this guy, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">There's no evidence that the Tea Party adherence are any more racist than other Republicans. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Posted by Veek

So Veek, what is it? Now that you have seen the evidence that the tea party is racist (there are many more examples than what I showed you).

Are they more racist than other Republicans or are, "other Republicans" just as racist?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,

I had no Idea that tea ba**** was anything other than someone who bags tea and a racist political party, after you brought this to my attention, I Googled the term and out poped Mr Breitbart saying he is proud to be a Tea******.

How can something be a slur if you do not know it is a slur? But we all know that n***** is a slur, why are you not condeming that.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I have no idea who this Robertson guy is and find it amusing that you're resorting to quoting Breitbart in your own defense of a sexual slur while accusing others of racial slurs.
What Breitbart wants to call himself is his business, the slurs you use against others is offensive.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->
Posted by VEEK

You know very well who Mr Robertson is, he is the "founder of the modern Tea Party",
you know, the racist one. For more information about Mr Robertson go to TeaParty.org

Why are you not condeming Mr Breitbart for using this sexual "slur" he most definatly knew the meaning when he used the term.

Last edited:
Back