WANTED: GT40 MkII Wiper Assembly (Motor/Gearbox/Arm)

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
Looking to buy a MkII wiper assembly (Boeing)

Only interested in quality, ready to run parts. No repaired damage.

Let me know what you got.

Original MkII Wiper.jpg

I just bought a pair of boeing 737 wiper-arms = I have one for sale. It’s still with the postal service, I will post a picture and price when it arrives.

Last edited:

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
I just bought a pair of boeing 737 wiper-arms = I have one for sale. It’s still with the postal service, I will post a picture and price when it arrives.
That wiper arm is not original to the GT40, way too short. My search leads me to believe that the original wiper arm came from a Bell Huey Helicopter. Still on the hunt...

Last edited:

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
What would be the correct length of the arm?
I'm not sure, this article is the only reference I can find on this setup and it doesn't mention arm length. However it does mention the shaft length from motor to gear box being 15" so based on this, the wiper arm looks longer than this shaft. So the arm's gotta be somewhere between 15" and 20" in length. My best guess anyway...

WIPER ARM.jpg

There appears to be two nuts on the on the top of the arm near the box. Wonder if the one nearest the wiper is the pressure adjustment referenced in the paper?

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
There appears to be two nuts on the on the top of the arm near the box. Wonder if the one nearest the wiper is the pressure adjustment referenced in the paper?
My thoughts as well. Hoping I can find this arm somewhere....

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Still, even with a conversion to 110deg sweep, its not enough to cover the windshield as 130deg or better will be needed to pass the registration process - atleast in the UK...

Still, even with a conversion to 110deg sweep, its not enough to cover the windshield as 130deg or better will be needed to pass the registration process - atleast in the UK...
Every state in the US is different for home built or as mine calls it "self assembled vehicles", but I'm glad mine just has vague rules like: "The windshield on every motor vehicle, streetcar, and trackless trolley shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow, or other moisture from the windshield. The device shall be maintained in good working order and so constructed as to be controlled or operated by the operator of the vehicle, streetcar, or trackless trolley."

Going to an aircraft salvage facility next week. Hope to find 707, 27 or 37 wiper arm. Will let you know how I make out.

Looking to buy a MkII wiper assembly (Boeing)

Only interested in quality, ready to run parts. No repaired damage.

Let me know what you got.

View attachment 136502
Contact AVMATS in Chesterfield Mo, they have a massive warehouse of old you name it everything aircraft, including aircraft parted out. Only issue you would have to find the right guy there to help out, the parts office people will only search known part numbers and have zero idea what they have. If someone can find an old 707 IPC they can find the part in the ILS database. Even someone at Aviall(Boeing) might help.

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
Going to an aircraft salvage facility next week. Hope to find 707, 27 or 37 wiper arm. Will let you know how I make out.
As stated above, the GT40 MkII wiper arm isn't from a Boeing aircraft. The Motor and Gear Box are (707) but the actual wiper arm is from a different aircraft. Some have suggested its from a Bell Huey UH-1 Helicopter... Keep us posted, I'm still looking for the 707 Gear Box and Motor myself, (as well as the wiper arm)

So... just to be clear, you are saying the drive components were used (motor, gear box, drive shaft) but the wiper arm itself was not, even though it is shown in the manual on pg 68. From the initial picture in this thread that arm appears to be 707 with the extra stud/nut on top of the arm. A Huey arm posted elsewhere on this site appears not to have this extra stud/nut affair in the picture attached.

Attachments

• BELL WIPER.jpg
    BELL WIPER.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 66

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
So... just to be clear, you are saying the drive components were used (motor, gear box, drive shaft) but the wiper arm itself was not, even though it is shown in the manual on pg 68. From the initial picture in this thread that arm appears to be 707 with the extra stud/nut on top of the arm. A Huey arm posted elsewhere on this site appears not to have this extra stud/nut affair in the picture attached.
I don't know where the wiper arm is from exactly, only what others have suggested. (Bell UH-1) But I do know the wiper arm is not from a Boeing 707, the 707 wiper arms are way shorter in length...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looking at Dave's picture, I see it says Alco Controls on the wiper arm. A quick search brought up this one on Ebay. It is not the exact number. but they are a supplier of aircraft parts. Perhaps someone should ring them up and perhaps they could lend a hand.
Only a suggestion .

regards Brian

Looking at Dave's picture, I see it says Alco Controls on the wiper arm. A quick search brought up this one on Ebay. It is not the exact number. but they are a supplier of aircraft parts. Perhaps someone should ring them up and perhaps they could lend a hand.
Only a suggestion .

regards Brian
I did the same thing, little zoom action

PN: xw21560-145

Back