WANTED: GT40 MkII Wiper Assembly (Motor/Gearbox/Arm)

I doubt xw21560-145-1475-BB (NSN 1680-00-138-0594) is corrrect as that NSN was not assigned until 1971? Search continues.

Pedro

Supporter
I made three of those set up a while back but unfortunately they are all gone; the wiper arms came from EBay and were advertised as for a Boeing aircraft but didn’t have any part numbers on them.

Attachments

• 20230225_131903.jpg
    20230225_131903.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20230225_132100.jpg
    20230225_132100.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20230225_132105.jpg
    20230225_132105.jpg
    718 KB · Views: 98
Hi Pedro, can you tell the the length of the arm? What is the nut closest to the wiper on the arm for? They look great.

Pedro

Supporter
Hi Pedro, can you tell the the length of the arm? What is the nut closest to the wiper on the arm for? They look great.
Unfortunately I am out of the country at them moment and that information is on my home computer but I will reply as soon as I get home in a few weeks, that nut is to adjust the blade pressure on the windshield, I will look for more pictures and post when I get back.

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
I made three of those set up a while back but unfortunately they are all gone; the wiper arms came from EBay and were advertised as for a Boeing aircraft but didn’t have any part numbers on them.
Yup, that right there is what I'm looking for. I'll keep an eye on Ebay, thanks.

Well no luck at the aircraft salvage yard on a wiper arm. However, did find a Piper aircraft arm with the same drive motor attachment piece, but the arm itself is a U shaped channel, not round like the Boeing unit. Found another arm with the correct wiper connection, but it to has a U shaped channel for an arm. These ends are brazed on which I will "de-braze". Just need some round section DOM tubing to braze/rivet on the ends. Will post pictures when done. Hope it turns out as well as Pedro's units above. Question... anyone have any idea of the diameter of the arm, looks to be 3/8 or 7/16"?

Derek

1046[Al]
Supporter
Well no luck at the aircraft salvage yard on a wiper arm. However, did find a Piper aircraft arm with the same drive motor attachment piece, but the arm itself is a U shaped channel, not round like the Boeing unit. Found another arm with the correct wiper connection, but it to has a U shaped channel for an arm. These ends are brazed on which I will "de-braze". Just need some round section DOM tubing to braze/rivet on the ends. Will post pictures when done. Hope it turns out as well as Pedro's units above. Question... anyone have any idea of the diameter of the arm, looks to be 3/8 or 7/16"?
Thanks for looking. The search continues...

Back