Webber SET UP and Tune Tutorial

Ron Earp

Admin
If you have a VHS player and a laptop you could digitize it. Or, send it to me or one of the interested parties and we'll do it. And, once done, I can simply place it on a site for people to download after it is converted to an mpeg and made much smaller. Avoids shipping discs or making discs.

R

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ron,

I do have a Vhs and a laptop that will burn CD's But I thought it can only burn digitized signals. If it is able to digitize from analog than I won't have to buy a machine. I will check tonight and see if I can do it.Also one concern is the tape is aroung a 1 1/2hr long. If people don't have dsl Like me, it will take forever to down load.

Regards

Oliver

Reckon on about 100-150MB per hour for acceptable quality and retaining commonly available playback software, eg 'media player'

If it were uploaded to gt40s.com, I would think your bandwidth would take a hammering! 50 downloads would be hitting 10 to 15GB extra traffic - at least! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just a thought.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
My thoughts as well paul!

If i'm able to burn copies myself, i will start tonight. If it works , i will try do burn a couple of dvd's a day and start requesting mailing info.I will post if it works.

Oliver

If you play from your VHS into a video card in your computer ($150), you can record the entire tape. The record software that comes with the card will digitize it and store it in a file. Then you burn a single DVD in a file format of your choice, (DVD+R is popular and will play on 90% of the players out there), take it to a duplicating service and have as many made as you need.

There are also a bunch of online duplicating services that you can upload your file to and they'll mail you as many DVDs as you want. Cheap but not free--but then making more than a dozen or so yourself is tedious beyond words! Here's one service http://www.dcamediasolutions.com/dvd-duplication-upload/
Good Luck!

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ok guys! I bought the video card and down loaded weber tutorial into a CD. Quility is ok but im consernd about the sound quailty! I dont have power speakers on my computer and it is very hard to hear. If you have power, will make a big difference? If the sound quility is higher, with the power speakers, we are good and and i can start getting mailing adresses. Or! can I take the disk to a and have it coppied with better quility and also be able to use it on the home CD player and not the computer only ...Any sugesetions? oliver.

Oliver

Copy the video to a digital video camera that has an 'analogue input' many do..

Then transfer to PC via Firewire 1394 interface. (no loss)

Then burn to a normal DVD (+R) for play back on either a PC or domestic DVD player. Will suit all persons, takes a bit of time and blank DVDs are less than $1 each. If poss sort out both NTSC and PAL formats although PCs won't care if DVD coding is region free.

Alternatively use a domestic HDD/DVD recorder - although subsequent copies would be quicker on a PC I suspect.

Your biggest cost (excluding your time) will be postage! and more time will be spent packaging / addressing than copying (you only need to insert a blank disc and press a button once an image is stored on your PC and do not need to watch it write - trust me it's a bit like watching paint dry - boring!)

Then, decide your price for US destinations, Europe etc etc and post the price on Ron's forum as you have already had plenty of interest.

Get people to mail you their details and payment before you ship, although I have shipped items to people on Ron's forum on occasion before receiving payment - thus far only missing out once.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .....

One last thing, ensure your packaging is adequate, I have had a number of CDs/DVDs arrive broken due to a combination of mail company stupidity and less than 'armoured' packaging.

Hope this is of interest - if not, then please ignore..! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
It seems that the easiest solution is to make one copy, send it to Ron to post as he originally offered and let everyone around the globe go to said site and download it. Saves time and money on all accounts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys! I bought the video card and down loaded weber tutorial into a CD. Quility is ok but im consernd about the sound quailty! I dont have power speakers on my computer and it is very hard to hear. If you have power, will make a big difference? If the sound quility is higher, with the power speakers, we are good and and i can start getting mailing adresses. Or! can I take the disk to a and have it coppied with better quility and also be able to use it on the home CD player and not the computer only ...Any sugesetions? oliver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver-
I am assuming the audio on your tape is pretty much just speach, in which case the lowest fidelity of your recording software will probably sound juat fine. Whether powered speakers will improve the quality of the sound you're hearing, I can't say without knowing what you've got--you'll just have to try a set.

If you recorded your video to a CD, what you have is a data file on the disk, which may play on a computer (WMF files will), but not on a DVD player. To do that, you'll need to use a program that will "burn" a DVD from your video file. Nero is a popular one, but there are a lot of shareware programs you can download that work fine, and one may even have come with your video card.

Just keep in mind that the signal on your video tape is analog. Your video card converts it to a digital media file. An authoring program like Nerovision re-formats your file so it can be read by a DVD player and then burns it onto a DVD disk. Sounds a little complicated, but most programs these days have wizards that walk you through the process.

FYI, an hour of video is a big file to download, and you won't be able to share it with folks on a dial-up conection. Even 300K DSL is problematic.
John

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I was told the same thing regarding downloading with dial up...I am going to see what the other options to make a quility video. I will post when ready..

Oliver

Thanks for all the info...

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I had the tape redone by a studio. It turns out that being the tape is old and worn they digitly enhanced it so it would look and sound good. Unfortunalty it will have a cost is still minimal. $15.00 a copy. Please add postage for the shipping. I dont think it would cost anymore than $3.00 anywere in the USA. Outside USA please add according postage. Items will be shipped once payment is recieved. People who choose to use paypal send payment to [email protected]. I will be doing a mass mailing so when payment is recieved for the first 20 individuals I will ship all of them at once. Also the DVD have a copy lock so it can't be copied. I did this because I have some cost involved and it wouldn't be fair to have 1 person copy it and give it out to everybody.

Send to

Belmonte's Cleaners and Laundries INC.
810 S.Western AV.
Chicago IL. 60612
Att. John

Please also send me A e-mail that pamyent is sent so I can get thing pakaged and ready to go.
If you choose to pay by VISA/MASTERCARD Please e-mail me and I will email my Phne # For you to call me with the information. Copy of reciept will be provide with shipment

I sent Paypal and was informed that you refused the payment. Thanks for your generosity but I would really like to cover your costs at least...

Ray
paid under maracom inc.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ray I'm pretty sure I stated that if you wish to pay by credit card please e-mail me and I will call and get the information. I'm am not set up with credit card payment system through paypall. You have to call me or I can call you so I can run the information manually through my company. Most people have been sending payment through paypall which is alot easier. Sorry for the inconvience. Just send $15.00 and I will ship it no cost for your troubles.

Regards
Oliver

I was kidding of course, but I wasn't sure how Paypal worked. I thought the credit card payment remained in the background and they just credit your account. Anyway, I'll just shoot up a check tomorrow...we just got clobbered with a blizzard after 2 months of 40 degree days. I got past the Foreword of the book yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe I'll build a fire and keep reading

Oliver -

Please let me be the first to say that your new avatar (as below) is positively SCARY!! - roll on the next one.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 74457-2546.jpg
    74457-2546.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 351
Back