Webber SET UP and Tune Tutorial

hey thats my wife............. not hey did any get a copy of that weber tune tutorial I need one how and where do I get one , I'm thinking of replacing my single 4 bbl carb with a weber set up what is the differance between the two set ups and is it worth it anyone input would be great as I'm sure you know it's a bit of work I think or hear any way thanks Daniel

Hi bwcobra,

There are lots fans of Webers carbs on this site just because of the very cool looks. (lots of recent posts also) The power debates will probably go on forever. However, take a look at this 4-barrel vs Weber discussion from Adam C.

Re: Primary pipe length formula [Re: Adam C.] #27417 - Fri Dec 19 2003 04:54 PM

The power differences seem minimal. For myself, I am a fan of simple and reliable.

ok now thats what I'm talking about it sounds right to me the whole weber thang , not going to weber not for the what it's worth, so that means I have all new in the boxes brand new chevy 327 or a small block chevy weber set up, and even a two extra 48 IDA's to get rid of, but the look is really where it's at with the webers, got to just love that look, so with that is it really that much to tune the sob's, I built and painted my cobra and it's a keeper very nice built the car start to finish so it's not out of my reach I would think ,but I never tuned one of these bad boy's either . so for the looks is it worth it , you know all of the eye balling it gets ?

thanks again Bob for that 4-barrel vs Weber discussion it really makes sense but was that a real chart of real engine runs, other things I've read like carol shelby went with the webers for a reason , why if he was not getting much out of them ?

Dan,

Now that is a question for real experts. I would guess that in a real race situation, 5 HP would be a significant advantage just as a car 50 pounds lighter has an advantage. Any advantage however small, makes a difference in a race. I have also been told that the 4-barrel carbs of today are much better than the ones available to Shelby in the 1960s. This debate can go on forever.

I don't think "To Weber or Not" is a technical issue. It is only what the heart wants. If practicality was the issue, we would all drive 4 door sedans, not GT40s. I think Oliver's effort to provide technical information on Webers will get a lot of converts. Bragging rights are worth a little inconvenience.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Oliver,
First of all.... I totally agree with Paul..... down right scary. eeeewwwwhhhhh

You have a PM.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Orders are slowly comming in Thanks to all. When first shipment is ready I will post!

Thanks again

Oliver.

Ok! new avitar comming!

John B

Temp Selling Pass
I have the file of paid customers...No body asked for a refund. Surprised!.. I will resume taking orders for the Weber tunning CD. I only need a few more to place the order! Than it will only take a week or so to get them out to everybody.

regards

OLIVER

you can count me in also ,getting the money across no problem,but as i live in australia can you tell me what the format is (pal ntsc or seacam as i will have to format it here as we use the pal format,anyway i will send money order or western union this week....

thanks Glenn

Out of interest, we have just finished installing and doing the tune up on a set of IDAs, and have designed a modification that prevents the constant " dribbles " from the accelerator pump jets, a bain in anyones life with IDAs. Frank

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ok!

The DVD's are ready!!! Sorry for the delay. I placed the order after my return to the forum. I had
20 extra made up..So if ther are interested parties send $18.00 to [email protected]. Several UK and Oz customers. Postage will be more just let me know and i will reply with the amount to send. They will be sent on my next day off 3 /29/06.

Thanks to all

Oliver

ATT. Terry Sugawa..I recieved your check...Thankyou. yours will also be sent on Wed. Please join the forum so if you have any questions I or other can assist you.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ok!

The DVD's are ready!!! Sorry for the delay. I placed the order after my return to the forum. I had
20 extra made up..So if ther are interested parties send $18.00 to paypall [email protected] Several UK and Oz customers. Postage will be more just let me know and i will reply with the amount to send. They will be sent on my next day off 3 /29/06.

Thanks to all

Oliver

ATT. Terry Sugawa..I recieved your check...Thankyou. yours will also be sent on Wed. Please join the forum so if you have any questions I or other can assist you.

Oliver

put it on site. Use the honor system to send payment. we are all responsible adults not looking to take advantage. Granted there are alway a few, but as whole i think you will make out. Your entitled to get reimbursed for your idea, time.

LLoyd

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Here is a list of individuals that ordered the WEBER Tutorial DVD. If you do not see your name on the list and you paid please contact me ASAP..I will double check paypall and get one out to you.

Paul Thompson
Amanda Delongchamp
Maracom..Jcoop
Michael christian
Brian Stewert
Total Telemetry Solutions
Robert Borruso
Ronald Earp
Douglas Fitzpatrick
Louis Wasson
Pedro Peguero
Terry Sugawa
Paul Wheeler
Jeff Peer

If anybody else that would like one of these DVD Send $18.00 to [email protected] or send a check and you will be included with the bulk mailing...Thanks again... Oliver

Hello all,

I would like to obtain a copy of the Weber tuning DVD. Can someone please let me know where to get a copy.

Thanks

I switched to the 48 IDA Webers from a reliable Holley Street Avenger 650.
It was a painful learning curve but with the help of friends, reading the book a couple of times, and viewing the DVD a few times, I think I got it right now. There is a marked difference in low end torque, throttle response and overall performance. I never dyno'ed the car so I have no baseline numbers, but I can certainly feel the difference. I'm not sorry I did the conversion. The DVD was a big help. Send me a PM and maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back