White Christmas

Woke up to another snowy morning. We haven't seen a white Christmas in years around here.
1_Christmas_2008.JPG

Here is our place - How about posting your winter photos here for others to enjoy?

We're still waitng for our visas so we can move to Canada.... but at the moment it doesn't make any difference as all flights to Vancouver from Gatwick / Heathrow have been cancelled due to "adverse weather conditions"

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We've got a couple feet on the ground here as well - I made 3 trips out there on Saturday hand shoveling most of it...

It wouldn't be so doggoned bad if it weren't -13f with a windchill of -40f ....

22nd December and it's 12 degrees here in London. Haven't had the heating on for a couple of days! Was goin' on?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I have never, NEVER seen a white Christmas in person in my entire 30 years of existance. Some may think it's lame or hate the snow or whatever, but if you've never seen it before, you'd really be jealous of those who get to enjoy it. Texas isn't too friendly to white Christmas's, neither was Alabama, my home state. It's supposed to be 70 degrees on Christmas here. I'll be in Carlsbad, New Mexico starting tomorrow evening. Maybe we'll get some snow there...

Keep posting pics, I love them!!!

Laters,

Brian

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The only white Christmas I experienced was eight years ago on a skiing holiday at Steamboat Springs.
As I write this from my house in Noosa, the temperature is 27 degrees c, and it is a clear sunny day. The pic is Noosa Nth Shore.
Keep the white Christmas pics coming I love them.

Attachments

• front2_03.jpg
    front2_03.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 256

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Scott, but I also love the snow we just don't get any where I live. BTW that is not Noosa Nth shore, I think it is Sunshine Beach. This pic is Laguna Bay Noosa, Sunshine Beach is around the headland.

Attachments

• Noosa.jpg
    Noosa.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Pete
You make me envious. Out here in Apple Valley, Calif. it snows about once a year. Usually the snow is gone within a few hours. This time it stayed for 5 days. Pretty but cold. BRRRRR
Mike

Attachments

• Apple Valley last Tuesday.jpg
    Apple Valley last Tuesday.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Apple Valley last wednesday.jpg
    Apple Valley last wednesday.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 231
Well this is what our street looks like tonight. And the picture on the right is of Fairview Lake and the water on the lake is all white unlike Pete's beach.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
These pics are of the historic Farmington Canal in Cheshire,a short distance from my previous home,now about a mile from present abode.This is the only restored lock on the old canal which carried horse drawn boats between New Haven and North Hampton.Now have about a foot of snow and around 5degF tonight.Very Christmas-y.
Farmington canal,Cheshire,Connecticut.jpeg

My jack Russells,1st day of winter.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks all for your pictures everyone. Pete, Brian, you are certainly lucky to be where you are. I'm trying to arrange a trip this winter to see my dad in Sun City, AZ . Tonight it will be near zero here! Here are a few more pics taken yesterday evening from our front and back yards...

Attachments

• snow pics 010.jpg
    snow pics 010.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 229
  • snow pics 008.jpg
    snow pics 008.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 215
  • snow pics 012.jpg
    snow pics 012.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 208
Allen - Yes,they are Jack Russells.I used to breed them but got out of the business when the cartilage in my feet went bye-bye and I couldn't run after the pups.That's father and son in the pic.Right after I took the pic,a large buck crossed over the ice on the canal and crossed the road right in front of us;the dogs went nuts and I couldn't get a shot of it.
Eric,good pics,I see you have the old church nearby too_Our town green has one of the most photographed in New England(post a pic later).Nice horse - had to give them up for aforementioned reason and also $ involved with thoroughbreds.
Pete,believe us,it's much better to look at our pics while you're sitting where you are!

Last edited:
Back