Worth seeing.

Check. As usual, you got nothing.

I get there is a horde of misinformed and underinformed folks like you out there who think the understand politics and history and economics after a few trips to Youtube. Scary, but I have to admit it has happened.

PT Barnum was right.

Yeah, you know all about me. In fact you know all about the entire Conservative Movement. “Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public.”
― P.T. Barnum

The next election will tell you exactly how wrong you are in your elitist judgement of the American people.
"I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don’t know. They’re outside my ken. But sometimes when I’m in a theater I can feel them." Pauline Kael

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Basically, a discussion with you goes like this:

1. You post some nonsense you drudged up on the web.

2. You get called on it.

3. You resort to ad hominen attacks on the authors of the materials presented to you so that you can educate yourself on the topic at hand, or the poster providing the material.

4. You then fall back to cliches like liberals are "elitists" or whatever.

So much anger, so little reason for it, and so little substance to back it up.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I'm self-aware enough to know that President Obama could lose the next election, and quite frankly i would not be troubled by a President Romney and see a lot of promise there, or a President Hunstman (which won'thappen). The sun will still come up. America will still be America. We may even be better off, we may not.

But seriously. What are guys like you and Al going to do if Obama wins? I mean, what if....you are wrong? Like you were 4 years ago?

The next election will tell you exactly how wrong you are in your elitist judgement of the American people.

I'm self-aware enough to know that President Obama could lose the next election, and quite frankly i would not be troubled by a President Romney and see a lot of promise there, or a President Hunstman (which won'thappen). The sun will still come up. America will still be America. We may even be better off, we may not.

But seriously. What are guys like you and Al going to do if Obama wins? I mean, what if....you are wrong? Like you were 4 years ago?

Romney will not be supported by the base. How could he debate against Obamacare?

How was I wrong four years ago? I have never liked the "maverick." I knew B.O. was going to be a problem since his speech at the Dem convention in 2004. How they got him past the entire vetting/past experience hurdle is simple press bias, and to be expected.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
That's true, you have to be a whacked out fundamentalist to be nominated by the Republican party these days (FYI Romneycare and Obamacare are simply versions of a plan first proposed by Richard Nixon and then Newt Gingrich as an alternative to single payer).

Ok ok ok! You were right 4 years ago, I'm sure you always are. But what are you going to do if Obama wins in 2012? Refuse? Resist? Reload? Relocate?

That's true, you have to be a whacked out fundamentalist to be nominated by the Republican party these days (FYI Romneycare and Obamacare are simply versions of a plan first proposed by Richard Nixon and then Newt Gingrich as an alternative to single payer).

Ok ok ok! You were right 4 years ago, I'm sure you always are. But what are you going to do if Obama wins in 2012? Refuse? Resist? Reload? Relocate?

Its good to believe in God, the ten commandments had a lot to do with the law you practice.

What will I do? I'm stuck just like you would be if a real Conservative wins. Romney would be a victory for you.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
It's good for everyone to choose which god they wish to worship, if any, and to be able to do so in private. It's when you starting talking about it being good for me to worship YOUR god that things get a little dicey and the Founders start spinning in their graves.

I'm not "stuck" in anyway. I don't think it will be the end of the world if a nutjob is elected, our system is amazingly resilient. Although I'm quite confident the surest route to another four years of President Obama is for the Republican party to nominate what you call a "real conservative." The kind who gets all worked up about god telling him/her to do this or that, or whether gay folks should get married, and on and on and on......

I really liked this video. For years I have said<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> extremists on both sides of the spectrum are not so different. If your an outsider looking in at Hitler's Nazi's and Stalin's Russia, how much of difference is there? Both did whatever they wanted at the cost of millions of lives.

Is it not true that right wingers want less government? It sure sounds like they are asking for less regulation and less union rights all the time. If you take this to the extreme, I think a right-wing extremists would be holed up somewhere with MRE's clinging to their guns. So I think the videos definition of the "spectrum" is quite accurate. Notice they didn't call the far left liberals and the right conservatives... nor did they call them republicans or democrats. As we have seen under Bush, Republicans and be for expanding government as well.

I think the problem is that most people don't care if they give the power to a small group of people... as long as that group is inline with their beliefs - even though that doing this is a recipe for disaster and has lead to such countless times throughout history. I bet the Old Bolsheviks didnt think they would be rounded up and purged when they came to power...

Does it really matter that a Dictator is an extreme leftist or right winger? No it doesn't. They are still a dictator.

It has to be somewhere near the middle. The government telling you what to do and watching over your life is no good and too little government is bad as well. There has to be a happy medium.

It's good for everyone to choose which god they wish to worship, if any, and to be able to do so in private. It's when you starting talking about it being good for me to worship YOUR god that things get a little dicey and the Founders start spinning in their graves.

I'm not "stuck" in anyway. I don't think it will be the end of the world if a nutjob is elected, our system is amazingly resilient. Although I'm quite confident the surest route to another four years of President Obama is for the Republican party to nominate what you call a "real conservative." The kind who gets all worked up about god telling him/her to do this or that, or whether gay folks should get married, and on and on and on......

Sigh. No one is telling anyone they have to worship.

You certainly seem to be very sensitive about religion. What happened?

We don't care what gays do as long as they aren't used as a pawn to fundamentally change American society, i.e. breakdown the traditional family unit.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Sure you are, you just told me it was good to worship god. I think it is a bunch of superstitious malarkey myself. But to each his own, except for the fundies who seem to demand that everyone accept America as a "Christian nation." Is that what you think too?

"we"? Who is "we?" And let me guess, allowing gay marriage would in your view breakdown the traditional family unit right?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Here's a little Clint Eastwood for you on gay marriage (and global warming!):

“I don’t give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We’re making a big deal out of things we shouldn’t be making a deal out of … Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want.”

You agree right Lonesome? Or is it "make my day, homophobe?"

Sure you are, you just told me it was good to worship god. I think it is a bunch of superstitious malarkey myself. But to each his own, except for the fundies who seem to demand that everyone accept America as a "Christian nation." Is that what you think too?

"we"? Who is "we?" And let me guess, allowing gay marriage would in your view breakdown the traditional family unit right?

When you legitimize gay marriage, you are denigrating the traditional family. I think a large part of the Left is beginning to admit that a father and mother are crucial in the upbringing of children.
When that gets thrown over, you get incidents like this;
Controversial Therapy For Pre-Teen Transgender Patient Raises Questions | Fox News

Again, what happened to you that you disparage God? Me saying its good to worship God shouldn't be threatening to you. What happened?

Are you from a broken home?

"We" is the vast majority of Americans.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Uh, Bob, this:

When you legitimize gay marriage, you are denigrating the traditional family. I think a large part of the Left is beginning to admit that a father and mother are crucial in the upbringing of children.

"We" is the vast majority of Americans.

Would be 100%, let's say, FALSE.

A CNN/Opinion Research Poll released in April 2011 indicated that more than half of all Americans believe that marriages between gay or lesbian couples should be legally valid. With 51 percent of respondents saying that same-sex marriages should be legal, it is the first time that a CNN poll has found majority support for same-sex marriage. The poll shows that there remains a strong partisan divide on this issue. Same-sex marriage is supported by 64% of Democrats, 55% of independents, and only 27% of Republicans.

Don't piss of Clint!

Uh, Bob, this:

Would be 100%, let's say, FALSE.

A CNN/Opinion Research Poll released in April 2011 indicated that more than half of all Americans believe that marriages between gay or lesbian couples should be legally valid. With 51 percent of respondents saying that same-sex marriages should be legal, it is the first time that a CNN poll has found majority support for same-sex marriage. The poll shows that there remains a strong partisan divide on this issue. Same-sex marriage is supported by 64% of Democrats, 55% of independents, and only 27% of Republicans.

Don't piss of Clint!

I trust CNN like you trust Fox. What were the questions the pollsters asked?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
They asked:

"Are you a homophobic lonesome nutjob who doesn't believe two adults who love each other should marry?"

They asked:

"Are you a homophobic lonesome nutjob who doesn't believe two adults who love each other should marry?"

They should live together, get all the benefits a straight couple gets, and be left alone. But, the definition of marriage is a man and woman joining as one.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
That's your definition and it's primarily a religious one. I thought we weren't going to use religion to tell others what to do Lonesome?

And when did the ex free love rockin' hippy get all godded up?

They should live together, get all the benefits a straight couple gets, and be left alone. But, the definition of marriage is a man and woman joining as one.

That's your definition and it's primarily a religious one. I thought we weren't going to use religion to tell others what to do Lonesome?

And when did the ex free love rockin' hippy get all godded up?

That's your definition, Jeff. Its been that way since the dawn of civilization.

With all due respect, and there's nothing wrong with it, are you gay?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What that gay people have had relationships and marriage? Yes, that has been true since the dawn of civilization.

You fundies are funny. You say you don't care about others living in accordance with your god code, and then you turn around and demand exactly that.

Nope, straight as can be. So keep your paws in your draws you closeted wrinkly old dude with a "wide stance!"

Back