Young kid with a dream

I had the same dream back in 1964. I wanted a Ferrari, but went to the prom in my '59 MGA..... top down!

Jason,

If you are still monitoring this post, please refocus your efforts. The car you drive to your prom is irrelevant. You will pull up, a few people will be outside, and see you get out of the car, and then you have to go in and have a good time. Except, if you drove a GT40, you would be thinking about the car out in the lot the whole time and not the girl on your arm. If you want to impress your friends, bring a hot date -- not a hot car. Don't make your senior prom a disappointment because you couldn't drive the car you dreamed of, make it a nice memory by having a fun night with your friends. The cars will come if that's what you still want later in life.

Dave

PS I would gladly buy you a GT40 if you could figure out how to make me 18 again

I've also done formal(prom) duty. Had to lift the girl in and out, but she was only a stick.

But we compromised and the teenagers just got photos taken sitting in the car in front of the venue, I drove the girl there.

I just had to wipe the drool off the car after I got it back home. :D

I recall a discussion on Pete's warts and all DRB build thread about the difficulties in, ahem, shagging in a GT40. There are much better choices. Oh wait, maybe I am getting a bit ahead of things here.

JW

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I recall a discussion on Pete's warts and all DRB build thread about the difficulties in, ahem, shagging in a GT40. There are much better choices. Oh wait, maybe I am getting a bit ahead of things here.

JW

Naughty Jack, I'm sure Jordon is a gentleman and that thought had never crossed his mind.

Jordon, as someone said earlier, don't worry to much about how you arrive
just grab the best looking girl you can and worry about having a great night.

Back