J6 at Watkins Glen...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Here is Jim and the ever lovely J6 at the Glen.

As always, Jim was talking to anyone who expressed interest in the car.

He participated in the "all Donahue" cars event with all the Penske cars and even back to Mark's Elva Courier race car. Cool time....
j61.jpg

j62.jpg

j63.jpg

Jim with the guy who has restored Jim's Ferrari P4 (sorry Jim, I forgot his name, please let us know so he gets the proper credit for the fabulous work he does)
j65.jpg

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim is correct Sal also restored and maintains J6.
Best
What a week end! It was great meeting Rick and Mike. I also met John Mulrine and Ron Fournier who built the Jcars and MK-IV's at KarKraft. They confirmed once and for all that they destroyed J1 on the chassis dyno at KarKraft after Miles was killed in J2. They kept adding weight until it broke apart. They said it was stronger than a McLaren tub which was their benchmark. The remains were totally scrapped. Ford still owns title to J1 but NOTHING of the tub remains.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim,

I am so sorry I forgot Sal's name...it's just that my head was so filled with the images and the conversations of everyone I met and talked to. Had a GREAT time, I got to chat and recall old times with Warren Agor who I crewed Trans-Am for and several other "old timers" I have not seen in some years. Plus all the Donahue cars, really neat! Oh, yeah- Oscar Koveleski, former racer and owner of Auto World (those of a certain age will recall Oscar's catalogs taking us from car models to slot cars and then into "real" racing) I haven't talked to Oscar in over ten years, good to see him healthy and energetic. Oscar is also famous as the only person to ever buy and lose money on a Cobra Daytona Coupe...Shelby strong armed him into taking a coupe with a bunch of racing stuff Oscar bought from the "Shelby Garage Sale." Oscar thought "what do I want an old used up race car for? And sold it right away for a small loss......Oh, if only Mr. Peabody were here with the wayback machine....

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back