Round Driving Lamps

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I forgot to post these image, but here they are. I got a set of Marchal driving lamps that I'm using. They appear to be from a Simca 1000 and came with nice closed back bucket as well as the old style lens. They do use the p45t base bulb (High/Low beam). Fran has them and the buckets are a bit to big to mount from the front (like 1075). Also they use the Lens part uses 3 built in tabs (lens to bucket that is) which is a bit different then some of the other lamps which need a trim ring to hold them in.

Attachments

• 79075-DrivingLamps001.jpg
    79075-DrivingLamps001.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 369

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
No. 4
It also has a bracket that needs to be removed that I'm guessing was for the trim ring on the Simca (I think).

Attachments

• 79078-DrivingLamps004.jpg
    79078-DrivingLamps004.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 340

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

The flange across the top of the bucket is 6.75", bulb size is the 5.75" style, depth of the bucket is 3.5"

The guy may also have more sets, not sure but if interested let me know.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Another interesting thing that I just found is that they also have a connector for the p45t base bulbs that have a place for a small parking light. This answers the question I asked myself when upacking the bulbs -

What is the curved slot in the base of the light bulb for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not sure if that is standard on the euro-headlamps of the era, but definitly a cool thing.

Sandy

Back