New Ford GT40-aholic member !

burnout
Hi there,

Having my own Ford GT is to much to ask for. But i keep dreaming.

To support my needs i collect scale models and drive slotraces with GT's. Next to this .. the most exciting event of the year .. vitit LeMans !!

For the last eight years now i have been at LeMans and enjoy the cars in the parking place.

I joined this forum to get to know more on the GT40 technics.

For now .. hoping for a GT40 reunion at LeMans in the LMGT1 class !

Good Morning,

I think we should have the courtesy to write here in English. Welcome, I live near Delft and own a GTD40 and we want to visit the next classic 24h Le Mans also.

Regards,

Gerard

Hi Bas,

Yes would be fun !. Nice car btw. I understand you are taking the car to LeMans ...?

Are you also going to the Classic ...? I've never been to the classic.

Privide me some details (who, days, how, etc) and i will reply.

Btw from which area in holland are you
I live in Rotterdam.

Ikzelf woon in rotterdam.

Have a look at my web site BLOG: JVERVOORN*-*GT40, Fotografie (Digitaal), SlotRacing, MagicSD / SDE etc. - OFFICAL WEB SITE

.. hi Gait1969, nice knowing more and more dutch know / are involved in GT40

I looked at your site reference but do you have any foto's of you GTD available online ....?

Hi Jos,

Some pictures of my car.

Attachments

• DSCF0221.jpg
    DSCF0221.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 568
  • 0098.jpg
    0098.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCF0227.jpg
    DSCF0227.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 597
.... very very nice. I'm speechless already.

Are you having contact with other GT/Replica owners in the Netherlands ?

I know of at least 3 original GT's in holland and next to you 3 replica's.

For me owning a GT or a replica is out of reach and other than that i don't have a garage.

We (my sons and i) have to keep dreaming and play around with various scale models (slot race models) books, foto's, images etc.

Are you only planning to go to the LeMans classic or also to the feature race ?

By now i'm a regular visitor of LeMans (been there for the last eight years).

Grz

I know of 5 other replica owners. Luuk in Heerhugowaard, Frank in Den Haag, Ben in Maassluis, Daniel in Tilburg and one building a MDA in the east.

We will visit the 24h Classis Le Mans. I'll have to sort out if that will be organised in 2007 or 2008. I participated with my kartteam in the 24h Le Mans kartrace a few times (and won it once!), which takes places on circuit Alain Prost directly situated near the porsche curves. Even with a kartraces it created a mythical atmosphere.

Regards,

Gerard van der Helm

Last edited:
Sound very good. Maybe we can setup a meeting at LeMans !

Are the GT and replica owners meet sometimes ...?

I have visited a few times the anual Ford event but never seen a GT or GT replica there ..

Grz,

Jos

hello all dutch,

I took the Mclaren to Lemans in 2006 (not the classics)
Might be nice to drive all together next year.

Would be nice to see the gt40 of gerard.

There is a large group of people with other kitcars going this year from Holland. I live in voorthuizen near Amersfoort.

ciau, bas
lemansm6_1_advertentie.JPG

lemansm6_camping.jpg

Back