012 Trans

Anyone interested in a used 012 Audi Trans(5speed). Bought it to use in possible kit car but am going another route so I don't need it anymore. Unsure of miles, has lsd, axles, and linkage. Ready to ship $100 or best offer plus shipping I'm located in Ohio. My zip code is 44681 to check out shipping. Contact me by email [email protected]. Thanks for your time.

From what I understand it is the factory lsd in the center. Also unsure of the final ratio have to look at it again and see if it is on the plate on the side.

Thanks,

Vince

Charlie M

Supporter
Vince,

There should be a two or three character ratio code followed by a five digit date code stamped into the top of the bell housing. That info should be enough.

Do you know what kind of vehicle it was removed from?

Thanks,
Charlie

Numbers on top of bell are as follow 0414aku29050. If I remember right I think this came from a Audi 5000.

Vince

Last edited:
I believe the 012 was from later models; it was shared with the Passat I believe. The older 014 was from the same time frame as the 016 (as used in the 5000), but it may have only been 4 speed and used in lower hp cars.

Excuse my ignorance I think it was from a 4000 not a 5000 and if I remember right it is from an 89 with a 5 cylinder but don't hold me to that.

Vince

Back