01e box, ratios, linkage and vehicle derivatives

Hi all,

Have tried using the search function and not had much luck. I've found some info but nothing definitive.

Question is, what European audis should I look out for when trying to source a 01e? I want to mate a 4.2v8 to it and run it in a mid-engine sandrail chassis. Furthermore, for the v8 with 17'' low profile road tyres which gear ratios should I look out for, diesel or petrol?

Finally, there's plenty of mention of being able to by a rod or cable shift mechanism to mount mid engined but no links? Who should I speak to and how much approx are they? I'd like to keep a conventional h pattern shift (1,3,5 forward) but I'm not bothered where reverse is..

Many thanks

Steve

Contact Scott Dewitt at advanced automotion. He knows as much as anyone about the O1E. His busniess is in Texas. Unsure if he can help with your other questions but you can ask. Good luck.

Contact Scott Dewitt at advanced automotion. He knows as much as anyone about the O1E. His busniess is in Texas. Unsure if he can help with your other questions but you can ask. Good luck.

I'll second that. I'm to get a custom geared 01E from him Saturday BTW. He offers a better (higher) option for first and second gears at a reasonable cost.

The FWD for all intents and purposes only comes in diesel ratios. There was an extremely rare gas ratio set that is very short compared to the diesel ratios.

As far as vehicles, pretty much any Audi with a longitudnal engine, and 6 speed manual box with front wheel drive made from 1992-2003 was an 01E (99.999% were all used behind diesel engines), but be aware that the AWD versions are unsuitable for 2WD use.

Back