01e trasmission

Hi all, new to the site ,
I have a question about a company that supplies 01e Audi transmissions.
Advanced automation Corpus Christi Texas .
I'm in australia, and see a few of you have delt with them before and was looking for recommendations or any issues before I buy from them.
Also was wondering who is the best contact to deal with there.
Thanks for any help in advance John

I have an RS Audi with an 01E built by Scott. Initially I found communication difficult when trying to set up the order and while in process. Granted he is basically a one man show and that can understandable. My transmission was completely rebuilt to the top options available. It suffers from a bad rebuild and will need to come back out of the car. Scott told me the unit was run on a test stand. If that was the case then a blatant problem was missed during testing.

He has offered to check it out if I remove it and ship it back to him. We will look after the repair locally, save the shipping and packaging costs to offset removal / reinstall costs. Scott agreed to supply any needed replacement parts.

My take is there was an error, who does not make them? He offered to make it good and I trust that the second time he would get it correct. But for me the cost to get it corrected is going to be more than what I paid for the complete gearbox in the first place. There is an Audi tuner in town that has also had issues with his boxes as well.

Back