109 For Sale

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Probably in the minority here, but, I never did like the looks of that car...or care for any 'topless' GT40 (or any 2005/06 Ford GT) that's ever been created for that matter.

Yup, you're right...I DO need my mornin' coffee...

Reactions: lgs

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, I'm guessing you and I would like the look of the car more if we owned it and someone paid us $3.5 million for it on January 12th. That's my price estimate....

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
To add to the above rather enigmatic post its at Mecum Kissimmee Auction on January 12

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0119-359641/1965-ford-gt-competition-prototype-roadster/

'Notice the LENGTH of the write up on it? For cars that are expected to bring in gadzillions of dollars, that's pretty much a mandatory prerequisite. The MORE any given vehicle is expected to bring in - the LONGER the write up/sales pitch describing it. Basically, there seems to be some formula used wherein there are "X" number of descriptive sentences written per each $100K expected.

'Sure appears to be the case anyhow... ;-)

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Anyone know what it was bid to?

The comment in this video states the following:

"This was the only Ford GT40 Competition Roadster to ever race LeMans, although it didn't really do that good. Chassis number is GT40/109. Became a test mule/different engine configuration testing car, at one time had a Ford "Indy" V8 installed, right now a conventional Ford 289 V8 with weber intakes. It was painted in the Ford of France racing colors. 2019 Mecum Kissimmee Auction, got up to 10,500,000 Million, stalled and went to "The Bid Goes On" (meaning it didn't hit the reserve and hasn't sold)."

Back