A new guy.... from France

Dear all members
Bad new, I am a french guy without GT40 :eek: However, I have built a coupe Daytona replica with a 302 SBF and I love race engines. It means that I have a lot of similar point of view with GT40s forum's members.
I find this forum by chance (thanks Doug) when I was looking for somme informations about RDI aluminum bloc. As I don't have a large experience I guess that through this forum I will improve my technical knowledge as well my technical....language ;)

Welcome, Bernard. I looked at your Daytona coupe link and was impressed. Always good to have more guys bringing the tech to this forum. As for your English language skills, they are better than those of many Americans. :)

Hi Bernard,

Welcome to the forum. I'm studying GT40 here for already some months. I really love this car, and being French I also love the Berlinette A110 which is part of our history. I was lucky enough to meet Mark W. who nicely showed me his great car ... you're right he is a great guy. However, he is not alone and almost every one here is as great as him ... a part from Ron ... but he is the boss ... so nobody tell him :dead: (it is a joke, please do not exclude me from the forum).
Enjoy this great forum, hope to see you in France (I'm from Uzes)

Jean-Phi

Jean Phi 30 said:
Hi Bernard,

Welcome to the forum. I'm studying GT40 here for already some months. I really love this car, and being French I also love the Berlinette A110 which is part of our history. I was lucky enough to meet Mark W. who nicely showed me his great car ... you're right he is a great guy. However, he is not alone and almost every one here is as great as him ... a part from Ron ... but he is the boss ... so nobody tell him :dead: (it is a joke, please do not exclude me from the forum).
Enjoy this great forum, hope to see you in France (I'm from Uzes)

Jean-Phi
Hello Jean Phi du Gard
Thanks for your welcome and the quick forum members presentation ;)
I have noted the great spirit (even if I don't understand everything :eek: ) of this nice forum. As you, I am studying mechanical problems plus American language :p: . I note also that you are lucky enough to live in a very nice city (my familly in law is from St Ambroix - 30500 ;) ). The world is small it is not! Hope to meet you a day in the "first duché of France":chug:

Bernard and Jean Phi,

Thank you both for your kind words. Jean Phi, it was a pleasure having you at my home for a visit. I tried to look you up a few weeks ago because I had told you I'd invite you to the next gathering of New England GT40 guys, which I hosted about a month ago. I was unable to find any emails or PMs from you, so I'm sorry I wasn't able to get an invitation out to you. Please send me an email so I can add you to my address book - we'll probably have another local GT40 gathering in the spring.

Good to have both of you here on the forum. I suspect that France may now be the fourth-most represented country on this forum, after the US, UK and Oz.

Back