a pray for Richard Burns..

Maybe cause more or less in my age, maybe cause a great british pilot....sad news to know he passed away today.
Just ask a minute to remind a great rally pilot,die really too young. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Life is very very strange sometimes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Paul

Keith

[ QUOTE ]
A great tragedy. Who was it said 'only the good die young'?

Brian. [/quote

The ulimate prize against all odds (he was already ill when he won the WRC) - a classic 'British Bulldog' and a totally superior ambassador and role model than those "sportsmen" (alcoholics and women botherers) who despite second chances, throw it all away for naught. And yet, not a single picture of RB on the front pages of any newspaper I've seen, nor any hour long TV "tribute" programs etc etc. Seems the proles must be fed.

Attachments

• 69556-_41059906_athens1997_getty416.jpeg.jpg
    69556-_41059906_athens1997_getty416.jpeg.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 254

Brian Magee

Supporter
One of our local radio stations mentioned it today but got his name wrong. He may have been a world champion, but only in motorsport which doesn't seem to count to the media.

Brian.

A great loss to the wider world of motor sport. I never met him but he seemed to be a really nice person and very down to earth. A great ambassador for the sport.

It is sad that he doesn't get the acknowledgement that he deserves.

He can join the other great motor aport Brits up there, J Clark, G Hill, J Hunt, P Collins, G Marshall, G Birrell and many others.

Re: a prayer for Richard Burns..

Alastair, you mention Gerry Marshall. I overheard the news about Richard on BBC News 24, don't know if it made the usual channels at all. Interesting comment about the impact of Motorsport in general not getting the headlines. Gerry Marshall died at the wheel of a car he was testing at Silverstone circuit. First I knew about that one was when I read about it in an article in a magazine at work.
The news of Richard was particularly sad as he had the makings of a great multiple world champion. Perhaps we can take heart in the fact that he achieved such a lot in his (too) short length of time with us.

Back