AC copper tubes

The copper tubes on my AC unit are different than the ones in Allan's video (circled in the pic below). Mine are on the outside of the box (right side in car position) and angle outboard. Not only do they keep the box from going all the way forward into position, they are pointing right at the chassis. There's physically room to bend them the other direction, but I don't know how successful this will be with such short sections of tubing. I'd hate to foul up the ends. Would be great to be able to disassemble the box and flip them, but the box looks carefully sealed and I don't want to make this any more difficult than it has to be:

08-09-15.jpg

The other line coming out of my box is also much lower than Allan's (red arrow in the picture above). Does this still need to point straight down? I figured that would intrude into the foot well, so I angled it a bit. Not sure if this is going to be advantageous or if it still needs to be straight down.

Looks like they may have changed the design. Mine is date marked at dec 2013. Havn't pulled mine apart though to see how parts may be able to be rearranged inside yet though. I would love to have both coming out like yours, would make my install easier in the location I am using.

Yes they changed the design. The way I ran the a/c lines was to use a 90 degree on the smaller fittings #6 hose and a straight fitting on the larger #10 hose. I have the #6 coming in from the dryer in the front of the car and run the hose along the top of the inside of the passenger footwell. The #10 coming from the side near the tire with a bulkhead fitting. The heater lines run up the outside of the car through two bulkhead fittings near the access panels. The two copper tubes on the evap case will be to be bent away from the side of the car.

Back