Active Power Wisconsin Northwoods

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
WCJ - You will be getting a PM from me regarding your user name.

Would you mind sharing your experience with Chris in ordering and receiving you car? How were they on meeting their promised delivery schedule? Bob

Bob from your pictures it appears you are using a 996 tranny with a cable shifter. Did Chris supply the shifter? The shifter I got from Chris if different and works great. I like the one you installed. Can you share the info? By the way keep up the good work, looks fantastic.

Hey Bob,

I am about to order a GT from Chris. Was looking around at other Active power cars. Yours looks great!
I see lots of info on the Porsche transaxles, but I haven't found any specs with the max torque.
I'm planning to use the Coyote, but how many horses and torque will be determined by the transaxle.
Do you happen to have info on this?

Thanks,
Rick

I've taken a bit of a break on the build project and will be starting back up September 6th. Just some time to clear the head. The '40 has been driven on it's own back and forth on my 600' driveway. At this point all systems work, brakes, clutch, gauges, and everything associated with the powerplant. If you are familiar with Factory 5 builds, it is at the "go kart" stage. I have tried many different accelerator pedal configurations and I'm just not happy with any of them. Frustrated at this point.

I had planned on Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners but ran into a clearance problem with the wheels I chose, a Mini-lite replica. So in the meantime I will keep the Corvette calipers and sort out the Wilwoods later. At my driveway speeds, it stopped fine.
Body cut-outs and front light mounting is next. I have a painter at a Ford Dealership on stand by who will be doing the finer DSCN5739.JPGDSCN5741.JPGDSCN5742.JPGDSCN5743.JPGDSCN5746.JPGDSCN5747.JPG body work and painting. Underside coated with a rubberized product the same color as the body and the body will be Midnight Blue, almost black.

Finally, I have attached a picture of the headlights. Does anyone know how to mount these, i.e. what am I missing (a headlight rim of some sort?) and where do I get the missing piece?
Thanks everyone!

Back