Adapter Ford to Audi 016

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Mike ,

This week we will be offering kits from US $ 10,500 for the basic body chassis to a list with all parts to complete your RF GT40. All prices will be landed and import taxes paid and will be available from Gordon Levy.

The prices are FINISHED but Gordon is yet to view them and once he has agreed with them we will publish them.

Best wishes to all,

Robert

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Interesting,

I thought that " I would have one of those " was mentioned if we could only find someone to sell them.

Well you have and I have yet to take an order from Gordon for ONE adapter plate to be sold seperately. Is it because you are not allowed to copy my work. I just cant work it out, I had TEN made especially for the RUSH !!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

G

Robert

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect
that several others on the Forum (like me)
are still in the planning stage, while the finances are being "arranged".

One of the major decisions is of what
gearbox to use, and the lack of Audi/Ford
adapters was a signficant issue.
Now that you have removed that obstacle,
more kits will definitely be built with Audi boxes. But first I have to buy a kit!

Same goes for the other loose parts that you
have generously agreed to offer to all us
hackers in the States. This just transpired
of course, so now some re-thinking is in order for those deciding what kit, when,
which accessories, etc, etc.
Thanks.

MikeD

Hello!
This is my first post so if I screw up don't be too hard on me. I have an early KVA (ford granada and cortina suspension). The car wasn't running when purchased. It came with an Audi automatic. Upon getting it running I discovered that the gearing on the Auto sucked! 3k rpm at 60! I then went in search of a manual transxle. Upon comparing the two set ups I realized that the existing adapter (home made) wouldn't work with the manual. A call followed to Kennedy Adapters. They had just started producing a kit. I speculate that this was for CAV. In any case the kit complete for about 1K. The kit was delayed 2-3 weeks but I did receive it. Upon assembly I started to notice problems. There were no instructions. The new fly wheel rubs on the bell housing (This was taken care of with lots of grinding). More importantly: The adapter for the pilot bearing and the clearance between the flange on the crankshaft and the hole in the adapter plate was not adequate. Grinding on the adapter plate solved one problem and punching a thru hole on the adapter plate solved the other.Upon calling the manufacturer they fessed up that they hadn't rweally adequatly test fitted the parts together. So much for a quality product! Hopefully they have taken care of these issues. The car is now running and is functioning quite nicely. So alls well that ends well!

Stig

Back