After a seriously good replica - £100k to spend

Hey guys, lets think about this now.....Somebody posts that they want to spend over £100,000 on a car, and yet he's put off by a couple of emails?
IF that was you in that situation, would you let that put you off?
IF, (and this is a big if) IF Steve is serious about spending that much money, he will get an absoluetly world class GT40 replica, capable of holding it's own with anything out there.
As far as I'm aware (and I'm not an authority on this I'll admit) ALL the kit manufacturers produce EXCELLENT products. (let's face it, they wouldn't be in business if they produced rubbish) The GT40 replica market is as far away from the "kit car" scene as its possible to be.
We all know how much we love these cars, would you have let a couple of emails put you off buying YOUR GT40?....thought not.

Simon
(ps, just my 2c worth)

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I've received 9 personal emails and 7 private messages. I am not impressed to say the least. This replica industry appears to be rife with back stabbers and slander!

What a pity! I certainly don't like dealing with companies that operate in such a manner. So I think I'll have to forget purchasing a replica GT40 and look at some other alternatives.

I'll thank the very few who have been honest and advise the "others" that sucessful businesses are run with an honest approach and NOT by bad mouthing your competitors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, come on now, stop being such a SNAG (Sensitive New-Age Guy). You're going to take your ball and go play elsewhere? I'm starting to think you're a troll who had no intention of ever buying a GT40 replica in the first place. Other than your post, I have never oncee seen anyone start a thread by saying they were prepared to pay 50% to 100% over market value for a replica GT40. If you are indeed looking to spend that kind of money on a car and you don't care to be sullied by mere association with the GT40 replica industry then I suggest you go buy yourself a Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus or something similar.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Comeon sonny, NOBODY decides to spend a couple hundred grand and one day later changes his mind and decides not to because they got a few emails they didn't like. Go away and don't come back, this is a serious forum of real people trying to help each other live a dream not a chat room for bored teenage smartasses. Don't botter to respond , you'll not get further comments from me.

As a matter of fact why don't we just close down this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you go buy yourself a Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just hope you don't ever meet up with a GT40 out on the road... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest you go buy yourself a Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already have an extensive collection of various supercars. The GT40 was to be an addition, I don't see 100k as a great deal to spend on such a car. So the decision is quite easy to take either way.

I'll leave it at that before I cause offense.

Steve Hamilton.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
sniff sniff..can you smell something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I think so,I think it has a long tail, long whiskers and a furry body. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gentlemen, gentlemen,,,,Steve could be some 10 year old who had borrowed his dad's keyboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Simon, I think you are dead on.

By the way, to all forum members out there I have $750000, and would like to buy a GT40 replica. Please send me some PMs so I can laugh my ass off. OHHH, one more thing the manufacturer has to be witin walking distance of my house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Farhad,

Don't bother with that approach.
Mine's for sale, this week only, at $699K!
What a bargain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Howard Jones

Supporter
Now don't forget I've been harvesting supper special GT40 high performance dust since december and I have a limmited quanity. So for 29,0000.97 per ounce you can have some too. Fred I bet we can find that extra 500hp with just a little of this stuff. And talk about grip... Now you too can pull 10g's in turn #1......
With just a limmited purchase of 1 kilo I will include my car free. Service included, Bud.

Bud,
Of course, that includes free service for life!
Free gas too, as long as the price of gas doesn't go past $5 a gallon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Where else are you gonna get a deal like that?
But remember, this deal is good for one week only, so act now,
before you miss the bargain of a lifetime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Back