ALL MEMBERS READ THE FOLLOWING!

Ron Earp

Admin
Greetings All,

Due to a recent situation involving allegations of lying, mis-representation, internet abuse, forum abuse, and potential lawsuits against me and/or the forum I feel it necessary to post the disclaimer on the forum and review it with everyone.

When you join GT40s.com, a non-entity company that is paid for solely out of my pocket and donations from members that want to contribute, you agree to the following in order to register.

---------
Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you.Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
----------

I know that you probably forgot about this because you just clicked "okay" to get registered as quickly as possible. However, what this says in a nutshell is I'm not responsible for any comments you make on this board, you are, and as such you will not post defamatory, abusive, etc. info on the forum. In other words, you will play fair on the forum and respect everyone's right to an opinion, etc., etc., etc. You can read, or else you would not be here.

Now, the problem we have is that one party, Spencer Marsh, feels he has been wronged by David Morton in posting information about the liquidation of GTD Supercars.

I don't know squat about the entire issue, and frankly, don't care. I don't know Spencer or David nor do I know their motives. I don't want to. All I want to do is keep the peace on the forum.

Therefore, I am going to delete the post titled GTD by David Morton on March 5th. If David feels the post is accurate, he can post it again and then field responses. But I will not have anything to do with it when and if it comes up again. That is for the members to sort out among themselves.

I will do the best I can to remain moderator of this forum and "keep the peace". I am reasonably well versed with the net and with the help of my wife (Julie Earp, Ph.D.) and her research partner (David Balmer, Ph.D, J.D.), both of whom are established leaders for US internet law and security, I am not worried about litigation targeted at me here in the US (the UK is quite a bit different). But, I am worried about litigation targeted at users and keeping the peace on the forum so just let me tell you - make sure your information is factual before you post unless it is an opinion based discussion.

Take care,
Ron

Ronald Earp, Ph.D.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,
Thank you for your posting. I have been in discussion with Spencer Marsh via various emails and he has been open and frank in those discussions. In those emails he agreed to come on this site and talk about his problems whilst at GTD (supercars).
Until then, I will unreservedly withdraw any and all of the allegations I have made about Spencer Marsh and his father and I look forward to Spencer Marsh explaining what went on with GTD Supercars, and especially the dealings with Clyde in New Zealand ( and why Clyde's order was short shipped, and furthermore Clyde also had to pay for the freight costs again to have the consigment released). Spencer Marsh you have the chair on this topic. Over to you.
David Morton

[ April 23, 2003: Message edited by: David Morton ]

Ron-

Thanks for taking the time to re-iterate the by-laws of this forum. I think it is a great place to share information on building, modifying, tuning, etc., a GT40. I would like to see it kept that way, and not infuse it with finger-pointing, politics or religion.

You and the moderators have done an excellent job. And the information exchange is second to none.

Respectfully yours
Bill Dobbins
Los Angeles, CA

Ron,

Being a forum administrator is a tough (and thankless)job. We tend to loose sight of the effort it takes while enjoying the fruits of your labor. You've done a stellar job, and my hat's off to you. Thanks!

Andy

My Statement will be in place hopefully by the end of the week. It needs to be checked first

SM

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for the support folks. This is one aspect of the job I don't like, dealing with these disputes that really don't have much at all to do with the forum other than use my time and stir things up.

I do hope that people realize that they are responsible for what they do on the forum, freedom of speech is indeed in effect, and if you have something to dispute with someone then try to do it in a professional fashion.

I'm certain that we'll have disagreements on the forum from time to time. That is what it is for. But I'm not here to solve them for you one way or the other. How can I? I'd be choosing sides, something that I will not do.

I noticed that Spencer posted information about GTD Supercars in another thread, but I'm afraid it really didn't shed any light on any doings like some of you might have hoped. Maybe he'll clear things up with some of the allegations that people have made, I've urged him to and I hope he does. But, I'll not be involved with it any longer.

Best,
Ron

Back