Another New Guy

Hey Folks. My name is Boyd, from Maryville, Tennessee, right in the Foothills of the Smoky Mountains. Professional aircraft mechanic since 1983, last 30-some years with UPS.

I've built a pretty nice 427W Factory 5 MKIV (#9042) (450/520, TKO600, 3.55), been enjoying it a lot. But I miss the build. Single dude here, no kids, so I really want to build another car when I retire in about 1.5 years. Kinda torn between a GT40 home-built vs the new carbon fiber F9R that Factory 5 is working on. Found this forum to do some research, read about some builds, get my head square. Like what I see with the RCR, but open to others as I read and learn more. Thinking about power about like my F5, about 450 at the flywheel.

Anyways, wanted to say Hi. Never step up to another mans door without being proper and all. May pop in to some build threads and ask some questions as I read along, maybe try to see what experienced builders would have done differently. Thanks for letting me in, hope y'all are staying healthy...

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_091702.jpg
    IMG_20191104_091702.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Annapolis 3.jpg
    Annapolis 3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 118

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Boyd. The RCR cars are very nice. It would definitely be to your advantage to read some of these build threads. There is everything from mild to definitely over the top in these threads. This is a very friendly site. I don’t think any question goes unanswered. Enjoy your time here.

Regards Brian

Welcome Boyd. The RCR cars are very nice. It would definitely be to your advantage to read some of these build threads. There is everything from mild to definitely over the top in these threads. This is a very friendly site. I don’t think any question goes unanswered. Enjoy your time here.

Regards Brian
Thank you, Brian.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Boyd, if you want to stay with American Manufacture then Chris Arden Active Power cars, or both Tornado and Southern GT from the UK.

all have good build threads on this forum

ian

Back